Author Topic: Carter has a new trick  (Read 3128 times)

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Carter has a new trick
« on: August 19, 2006, 05:57:48 am »
He's in the house!!!  Katie has gotten so vicious that he has to be separated from her so he's up at the house.  He and Jesse postured at each other for a few minutes but that was about it.  Anyway, I tried to get him to come in yesterday when it was hot but he wouldn't come in even for treats.  Today though he came in!  He needs to learn some house manners  ::) :D
Daphne

Offline Love My Emmee

• Ankle Biter
  • My Dane, My Savior
    • View Profile
Re: Carter has a new trick
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 06:01:47 am »
Manners?? What manners...ROFL!!!  I have to keep an eye on Emmee, she thinks she "sneak" treats from the baby!!!  Good luck with yours... ;D
People will always judge you, but your will dog love you for who you are.

mjjensen

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 06:25:49 am »
 Great pictures. I don't mean to laugh but his poor tail :D Did you get rid of your burr problem?

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 02:27:05 pm »
Great pictures. I don't mean to laugh but his poor tail :D Did you get rid of your burr problem?

Believe it or not, his tail looks better now than when I first cut out the burrs!!  LOL!  Most of the burrs are gone now, but I still need to get down there are clean out the rest myself or crack the whip over some blind children  ::)  Even Katie has been getting into some burdocks! 

I don't think Carter will be inside enough to learn manners. ;)  ;D  It is doubly hard to teach him anything because he doesn't hear well enough to use vocal commands and while Jesse isn't nasty about it, but he really doesn't appreciate Carter on his turf.  With all Jesse has gone through recently with the loss of Piper and Josh, I hate to upset him too much.  He really has been very much on edge these past months.  We're playing shuffle dog until we can work something out for Katie.  She's locked up tonight so Carter can have the run of the LGD pen.  The yard around the house isn't small but the LGD pen is HUGE so there's a lot more turf to woof over and boy is he making sure it happens!
Daphne

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 04:38:57 pm »
Oh he's gooooooooooood! :D Hey who knows...maybe Carter will grow on Jesse. :)