Author Topic: Someone ain't tellin' something...lol!...Sheba in the pool pics...  (Read 4710 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Sheba is just really poorly bred or someone "tweaked" her line somewhere along the line...She has a Husky tail, is bold as any dog I've ever seen & seems to put little forethought into her actions...Tota lly unPyrlike...He r eyes are round not almond shaped & her ears are too high set...She loves to play fetch & LOVES the water. (anyone that knows Pyrs knows this is unusual)...Anyway, Sheba willingly & happily jumps into my kids' pool after a tennis ball & hangs around to play...Here are some pics...I did put the swim ring around her cause it was cute...lol...b ut she didn't mind at all! ;D

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: Someone ain't tellin' something...lol!...Sheba in the pool pics...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 05:02:56 pm »
Well, that's offical, you have a Great Pyrenees/GOLDEN RETRIEVER mix. :D

About your pool?  Can't the dogs puncture (sp?) it?

The boy in the pool, he looks thrilled... hee hee.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 05:12:18 pm »
Well, that's offical, you have a Great Pyrenees/GOLDEN RETRIEVER mix. :D

About your pool?  Can't the dogs puncture (sp?) it?

The boy in the pool, he looks thrilled... hee hee.
Actually, she looks more like a Pyr/Husky mix...I wasn't kidding when I said I think someone "tweaked" the line somewhere along the way...Not unheard of in the showring...Cro ss a litter to get a fluffier coat, more curled tail, etc... & use the papers from a legit litter...I am not saying that Sheba's breeder did this because they had no reason to but I really do think someone manipulated her line somewhere or she is just really poorly bred...No matter, we love her bunches & she is actually alot of fun with her energy & personality! :D

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 05:17:18 pm »

Woo-hoo
Tweaked Energy Ball! :D  :D
You can tell she is sooo happy you recued her.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2006, 05:21:26 pm »

Tweaked Energy Ball! :D  :D

ROTFL!!!!!!!...That is how I will describe her from now on!!!..."Tweaked Energy Ball" :D ...If I catch her scrubbing the floor with Mr. Bubbles & a Brillo pad I am going to do an intervention! :D :D :D

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 07:14:21 am »
My youngest Pyr's also love water and we have bought them a kiddie pool just for them to play in when they go outside. I have noticed that Sheba looks a lot like my Zoey (in my avatar, Zoey is the Pyr between the Dane and they Newf mix) My husband and I have wondered if Zoey was crossed with something other than Pyrenees. She has the double dew claws and looked like a full blooded Pyrenees as a puppy- but now we wonder. She is not registered- but was from a farm that raised Pyrenees for live stock. I can honestly say that I recently showed her some goats and she was horrified that I would even suggest that she associate with them and she is scared to death of horses.
Also my male Pyrenees that passed in February, loved water. We had always wondered if it was because he was raised with a retriever that loves the water, but now with the puppies we are not sure. The old lady we rescued wont have any thing to do with water-

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 11:07:14 am »
Oh, Sugar Bear and Dixie Darlin love love love the water. They are in the lake everyday. 

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline pitas

• Paw-meister
  • Mom! Let us out, please!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 12:44:13 pm »
Cute pics!  It sure looks like she had a great time!  Your other pups must have been like what the....!  She isn't supposed to like water, that's the Newfies and Labs job! 

Anita & the 3 Newfies from NJ

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 01:26:43 pm »
My youngest Pyr's also love water and we have bought them a kiddie pool just for them to play in when they go outside. I have noticed that Sheba looks a lot like my Zoey (in my avatar, Zoey is the Pyr between the Dane and they Newf mix) My husband and I have wondered if Zoey was crossed with something other than Pyrenees. She has the double dew claws and looked like a full blooded Pyrenees as a puppy- but now we wonder. She is not registered- but was from a farm that raised Pyrenees for live stock. I can honestly say that I recently showed her some goats and she was horrified that I would even suggest that she associate with them and she is scared to death of horses.
Also my male Pyrenees that passed in February, loved water. We had always wondered if it was because he was raised with a retriever that loves the water, but now with the puppies we are not sure. The old lady we rescued wont have any thing to do with water-
After further review & research & alot of input to my pics of Sheba's tail posted on MY Great Pyr groups I am confident once again that Sheba is all Pyr...A little "off" & a little wild but all Pyr...lol!
One of the Pyr breeders that I really respect called it a "Perfect Pyrenees tail"...But then I would have to consider that *GASP* Samson & Pippin might not have perfect Pyr tails & I am jsut not even going there!...lol!
I'm still telling her that she's a Husky too! :D

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 09:10:14 am »
It's offical Kiah hates water!!! She would rather have me drown then save me from the evil water. :( Luckily Kitana loves to swim, so would save her mommy! :)