Author Topic: Anyone heard of or feed Exclusive dog food?  (Read 2841 times)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Anyone heard of or feed Exclusive dog food?
« on: August 19, 2006, 06:38:11 pm »
I saw this brand of dog food at a store here in town and checked it out for future buying perhaps. It's called Exclusive. It has a chicken and rice and lamb and rice adult formulas. I'm not sure what it costs, but I checked out the ingredients and it looks so-so. I tried to look for a website for the company that makes it, but didn't seem to find one. Here are 2 links for the food.

Guys, tell me your honest opinions about this food!!! I'm feeding Nutro Max and Pro Plan right now, if that matters.

http://www.nextag.com/exclusive-dog-food/search-html

http://www.davisfeed.com/id86.htm
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Lyn

Re: Anyone heard of or feed Exclusive dog food?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 04:26:19 am »
Notice they only show you the first 5 ingredients.. Arg I hate that. LOL

AH.. I found it PMI Nutrition http://www.pminutrition.com/

Here's the chicken and rice ingredients..

INGREDIENTS: Chicken, chicken meal, rice flour, oatmeal, whole grain brown rice, chicken fat(preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of vitamin E), corn gluten meal, dried beet pulp, flaxseed, dried egg product, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, brewers dried yeast, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride, glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate,
zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, chondroitin sulfate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6),vitamin B12 supplement, menadione dimethylpyrimi dinol bisulfite (source of vitamin K activity), riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Ok.. my opinion.. Remember I'm extremely picky here. :D I don't like the corn gluten meal (I personally avoid corn altogether), dried egg product (yuck), fish meal (since it doesn't specify which fish it could be different with each bag), brewers dried yeast (I'm iffy on this one another cost saving ingredient..), It does contai Gluc and chondroitin which is nice.. but it's such a small amount.  :-\ The big no no for me though is the dreaded menadione which has been banned for use in humans. I don't know why they are still allowed to use it. Expecially when alfalfa is a good cheap healthy source of vitamin k.  :-\

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone heard of or feed Exclusive dog food?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 05:02:04 am »
Okay, 0 for, 1 pretty much against. Anyone else for or against? Let me know what you think!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."