Author Topic: Introducing......  (Read 5752 times)

Anakalia

Introducing......
« on: August 21, 2006, 05:40:21 am »
NO NAME!  LOL  Well right now his name is Beau and he's a 3yr old white/blue eyed ragdoll cat that we adopted Saturday!!  He's beautiful and he's a total love, BUT he does have his dark side.  He looks all sweet and innocent, but he is NOT!  He loves knocking things over, jumping and crawling through places he definitely shouldn't be, I truly believe he's the biggest trouble maker I have ever known!  It's like taking care of a hyper-active 2 yr old, that's why I haven't posted until now, I've been very busy trying to keep our house from falling apart.  He's been clawing at our furniture and training him to use the scratching post seems to be almost impossible.  OH and he's also sliced open the top of Koby's nose (sounds way worse that it really was) but now Koby's come to realize the low growling and hissing doesn't mean it's time to play.  Other than that No Name is a real sweetheart and I'm sure as time goes on he'll settle down a bit....I hope.  I guess that's what I get for wanting a cat so bad.

Now I need all of BPO's help in finding a name for this guy.  I'm looking for a name to fit his horrific trouble making personality.  We've already toyed with Lucifer, Satan Jr. and Diablo.... we haven't been able to find a name that fits perfectly, though, which is is really annoying.  We can't keep calling him kitty, just not very original. LOL

I attached a pic of him, this was him at the Animal Shelter, my camera died right before I wanted to take a pic of him..... I really need to stock up on batteries. :-\

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing......
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 05:48:20 am »
Oh why do we do this to ourselves?? ::) ::) ::)  We are all crazy - animal crazy!!!

Names:  Poltergeist, Ghost, Faustus, Jekyll (or Hyde), Edgar (as in Edgar Allen Poe!!).

Welcome to the new 'Kitty' no matter what his eventual name!!

Anakalia

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 05:54:35 am »
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!  I am SO happy for you!!!

As for names, I'm going to have to go with Christian Troy.  I mean, devilish, but with a sensitive side?  Those piercing eyes?  What could be more appropriate???

hahahahah -- j/k ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAA!!  It's so funny you say that.  Christian was on our short list as was Julian! LOL 

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 06:05:30 am »
Adni!!!! He is soooooo cute!!! What a face and those eyes are absolutely gorgeous!

For getting him to use the scratcher , what about putting cat nip on it.  Or kitty Kaviar which my cats love you can get it at petsmart. Also have you cut his nails? that might help with the damage.

Poor Koby, it took Gweck a while to figure out what hissing and snarling meant too hehehhehe

Congrats!!
Julie
I will try the catnip and see if that works, thanks for the idea Julie!

We clipped his nails last night, because he put a tiny hole in our leather chair.  On his web page it had said he was declawed but when we got to the shelter we found out he wasn't.  I don't believe in declawing so that is not an option.  I figured Tony would be flipping out about all this damage and for some reason he's ok with it, I think he's gone off the deep end as well, either that or the cat has won him over.  Tony spent a couple hours yesterday making scratching post and now he's planning out our super deluxe kitty gym that we will start building this week!  I don't know what's gotten into that man, but I sure do like it!  Koby's also liking all this because every time we get something for kitty, Koby gets a new toy too! ;D  I'd hate for him to feel left out.

We're still trying to figure out if kitty's deaf, if he's not deaf he's got a really bad case of selective hearing.  His ears twitch when you say his name and he has turned around and come to me when I call his name, but it hasn't happened very often, he's not jumpy at all when there is loud noises, it's just very confusing to us. 

« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 06:07:32 am by Anakalia »

Anakalia

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 06:39:31 am »
I have the perfect name!!!!!!!!!

HOLLY

BWAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAA A!!  That IS the perfect name, to bad "kitty" is a boy.  That's just too funny!  ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 06:45:37 am »
Look andi I warned you about Beau ;) :D...LOL!...He is so darn pretty & personally, I like naughty animals...They are alot of fun!...lol!...How about naming him Tornado or Storm? :)

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 07:27:11 am »
I like Storm. What else? Freddie? Cougar? I'm really bad at this.. but you know, he does have those claws... Ice.

As far as deafness... not all cats are responsive. Believe me. But the ear twitch might indicate that he does hear you, but has selective hearing. bang some stuff around and see if he reacts. haha.
lmt.

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 08:04:47 am »
he is a gorgeous kitty. He has the same look as my black cat, sabbath (ha, Black Sabbath) I've always wanted to get a matching cat, but white (like your new boy) and name him Zombie (White Zombie). Something along that line. good luck coming up with a name. hes a beauty
jodi
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Anakalia

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 08:12:29 am »
You guys are AWESOME with name ideas!  I'm writing all of them down so I can run them by Tony and Kenna. 

As for the deafness I was REALLY concerned today. I found "Beau" in the bathroom sink sleeping visualize that, it was hilarious!) and I repeatedly called his name, Kenna called his name, we had to clap loudly at least 10 times before he woke up.  Kenna started crying because she thought he was dead!  Now normally I won't wake a sleeping animal but this was a little hearing test, and I thought cat's were light sleepers if he could hear then he should have woken up right away but he didn't.  I just don't know what to think!  :-\  It's not going to make me love him any less if he is deaf, he's such a lovebug and he's so dang adorable it's gonna be hard to correct his evil behaviors, one look from him and my heart melts. I'm going to take him to the vet this week to see what they say, I would like to know for sure if he's got any hearing problems, if he is deaf it will make much more sense to go up and touch him to get his attention instead of yelling his name a million times. 

Sorry for all the novelistic posts. lol

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 08:14:11 am »
Look andi I warned you about Beau ;) :D...LOL!...He is so darn pretty & personally, I like naughty animals...They are alot of fun!...lol!...How about naming him Tornado or Storm? :)

You did warn me about him! I thought you were kidding, but I do believe there was a lot of truth in your "rabid kitty" email. LOL

Nicole

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 08:14:44 am »
Rebel? ummmmm....shee sh. I don't know. I like Henry. But, it has nothing to do with being a naughty kitty. hahaha!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 08:45:18 am »
YAY!! I'm so happy you got your kitty! Good luck with the bad boy! LOL! ;D

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 11:08:51 am »
Awwww! I knew you'd get him!! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Anakalia

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 12:24:50 pm »
2 of our cats LOVE the sink, 1 of them LOVES running water.  Cats are weird, gotta love them! I have one sprawled on me partially in what I would think is a completely uncomfortable position.  They are contortionists!! hehehehehe SO did yo pick a name yet?

Yes, I do believe my cat has issues. lol  I was unloading the dishwasher today and the next thing I know "kitty" was inside the dishwasher, then his foot got stuck under that heating element thingy and I was freaking out!  Thank goodness the dang thing wasn't hot.  Anyway to answer your question no, we haven't picked a name yet but if he keeps doing stupid idiotic things like getting caught in the dishwasher we'll have to name him Stu! LOL

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 12:55:10 pm »
Congrats on the new addition.  He's absolutely beautiful. How about the name Baby Stuey from the family guy.  He's evil and if the kitty does something stupid then you can also call him stu for short. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience