Author Topic: Newf mom who suddenly became a Foster for a GORGEOUS Border Collie  (Read 6319 times)

Offline LuvmyNewfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hi all,
Jenn and Bear have helped me out before with a Sarplaniac dog in Montana. Now this time I went and did it!I am actually fostering this guy! He is a pure blood Border Collie a little under 2 yrs. GWD,GWK,GWC he is WAY too submissive! My heart melts for this guy. My female Newf Queen has taken him under her wing. He cowed down to our Rott and our male Newf plays with him. He obviously has had a hard life but he is VERY obedient. He knows all basic commands. I really cannot have 4 dogs at my place, so if you know of anyone PLEASE Help! I will add his pic in the next day or 2. He is a Tri color and an absolute doll. As I type this my Newfs are teaching him BAD habits of barking at dogs that walk by. E mail me at Sierra470@aol.com. He is in the Whitefish area, NW Montana!
4 legged Hugs and 2,
Donna and Crew

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Newf mom who suddenly became a Foster for a GORGEOUS Border Collie
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 11:06:06 pm »
I can't wait to see pix of this new foster boy.  :)  Love those zany BC's!  Its so nice that you took him in to find him a home.  We're wishing you the best of luck.
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 11:41:45 pm »
You are such a good mom. I hope that he finds a loving home soon! Til then I hope that he learns how to drool like a Newf so he will be extra special for his new parents. ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline LuvmyNewfs

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 04:24:05 pm »
Hi Everyone,
Sorry I haven't been able to reply- work has been crazy. Rescue (the BC) is better then a mop- he licks all the Newf drool off their faces, I don't think they like it but they tolerate it. Funny, he hasn't tried it with our Rottie!
Donna and Crew
4 legged Hugs and 2,
Donna and Crew

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 04:30:16 pm »
awwww I cant wait to see pics. This makes me miss my old foster Rusty, he was a BC aswell, also terribly submissive, but he didnt know anything when he came. so we ended up keeping him for a looooong time before he was ready to go to his forever home.

Good Luck and please post pics  :D

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog