Author Topic: Labs are now being targeted  (Read 6442 times)

Kiahpyr

Labs are now being targeted
« on: August 25, 2006, 02:37:35 pm »

mjjensen

Re: Labs are now being targeted
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 02:47:47 pm »
  If you read farther down the page it says that it is just a satire.

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 02:52:56 pm »
Geeze It seems like it could not be too far off in the future for it to happen..its just a satire now...but with our government one just never knows ::)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 02:53:19 pm by Icerotti »

Kiahpyr

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 02:54:07 pm »
Oh my it is. I got the link from another board. Guess I should have looked closer. It's so scary that something like this could happen. Makes you think of what breed is next tho. 

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 03:54:56 pm »
I didn't look at the link but if it is about BSL, satire or not, it is alredy happening by description... In Fairfield Iowa if you have a dog over 100 lbs... there is a partial ban...I know I've seen Labs over 100 lbs...Also, I've seen BSL aimed at "dogs with boxy heads"...Some lines of Labs have very boxy heads...Satire or not...not funny. >:(

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 01:34:56 pm »
I don't think it was meant to be funny.  It was meant to make people think.  To make people realize that not all breeds are safe.

GR8DAME

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 01:57:15 am »
Amazingly enough, it appears that people resent it if you rattle them in the comfy Land of Denial. Some of the comments get a little heated. Makes you wonder if they ever really considered the pain that pitty owners face every day. I know my sister adopted a pit mix, according to his papers, that in order to register him legaally was converted into a boxer mix. Too bad that her choice is to lie, or keep her family member hidden like a vial of crack.
Stella

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 03:26:07 am »
Amazingly enough, it appears that people resent it if you rattle them in the comfy Land of Denial. Some of the comments get a little heated. Makes you wonder if they ever really considered the pain that pitty owners face every day. I know my sister adopted a pit mix, according to his papers, that in order to register him legaally was converted into a boxer mix. Too bad that her choice is to lie, or keep her family member hidden like a vial of crack.
Stella
That bites when we have to lie to protect our babies!...My friend has an Akita/Yellow Lab cross...She ahs to call him a Lab for home owners insurance purposes.

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2006, 08:54:59 am »
I don't think it was meant to be funny. It was meant to make people think. To make people realize that not all breeds are safe.
  That is really the truth anyone that owns a dog is not safe. People who don't understand dogs or don't care for dogs are always waiting to point fingers at what they think a dog did to them. Biting,jumping,scratching. Someone will say that dog bit my child next thing you know the dog is being hauled off and put to sleep. The owner says he never did that to anyone before only you don't know what the kid did to the dog! I m going to be moving soon i have owned my own home most of my adult life now being single i have to rent well would'nt you know it no one wants to rent to someone that has a Mastiff, ASPitt or a shilo shep those are the 10 top list of renters not being able to be insured. I will find a place and the dogs and they will be moving w/me! The last landlord i spoke with i informed him kids do more damage then my dogs ever would he agreed w/me since he just got done fixing the house up after kids had drawn on the walls chewed up the windows put toys down the toilet and to many others to list! I will stick to my dogs! Marina[/b][/font]][/size]
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 08:59:55 am by marinafb »
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats