Author Topic: Any guesses on this mixed breed?  (Read 4191 times)

Offline saintbarney

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Dog Care Central
Any guesses on this mixed breed?
« on: August 25, 2006, 05:55:47 pm »
I'm attaching pictures of a dog named Cosmo. He came in as a 4 month old puppy at the shelter when I used to work there. He stayed there for over a year and finally in 2004 he was adopted. This April, I found him wandering the countryside and couldn't find his owners. So I brought him home and he's been with us ever since. I didn't have the heart to take him back to the shelter after he had lived in a cage for over a year. :( The vet said she was concerned about his weight so we decided to foster him while he fattened up but now that he is at a healthy weight we really haven't really tried all that hard to find him a home.  :D

Anyway, I've always wondered what kind of mix he is. He talks and woo's like a husky or akita. He's really tall, I'd measure him but one of the dogs chewed the tape measure last night after I had tried to measure my Saint's height.  ::)

Any guesses?

~Danielle~
www.dog-care-central.com
Wheels for Weebles

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Any guesses on this mixed breed?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 02:11:28 am »
He looks like he has some shepherd in him.  Whatever he is he sure is a cutie. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 04:26:31 am »
His head reminds me of an Australian Cattle dog a lot. But that tail curling...hmmm . Maybe some husky too like you said. He's very pretty! So, are you keeping him for sure yet?  ;)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline saintbarney

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • Dog Care Central
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 04:28:21 pm »
Ozzy is beautiful!!

~Danielle~
www.dog-care-central.com
Wheels for Weebles

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown