Author Topic: Finally.....his head is growing! LOL!  (Read 2260 times)

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Finally.....his head is growing! LOL!
« on: August 28, 2006, 08:24:03 am »
Teddy has been growing like a weed.....well, most of him anyway. 

The width of his head always seemed to be the same size. ???  Oh, he's getting a big, long, grown up doggy nose, but a little, tiny, narrow head.  (My wonderful boy was, well...sort of...homely - hence no recent pics!  LOL!)  I was even calling him "pinhead" for awhile!  (I'm a nasty Mom!  LOL!) 

Well, finally, over the past 2 weeks, I've noticed that his head is getting wider!  He's starting to look like a REAL Saint Bernard!  LOL!  I will have to get some new pics to post!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Finally.....his head is growing! LOL!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 12:07:52 pm »
Riley's head still isn't as wide as I thought it would be. I even had a guy who came to my front door ask if he was a real St. Bernard, b/c his head didn't look big enough! Add that to his long legged-ness and slim, tall figure, and he looks like a pretty funny St. Bernard. He's supposed to fill out more soon; his breeder said wait until about 18-24 months old. He looked even more wierd around Teddy's age, so I guess it's getting better...

Offline Heighway

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Webster at 8 months
    • View Profile
Re: Finally.....his head is growing! LOL!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 01:46:42 pm »
Dont' know if Bernies are like newfs, but my first newf took almost 3 years to get to look like newfs in all the pictures.  The first year he gained his height and looked rather leggy and lean, the second year he "filled out" and grew a great coat, the first part of the third year, his head almost doubled in size, his face filled out and he got that "definately" a newfie look. Webster seems to be following the same route.
Karen