Author Topic: Breed-specific information on this "packed" web site...  (Read 3077 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Breed-specific information on this "packed" web site...
« on: June 17, 2005, 08:21:35 am »
This site talks about feeding natural foods, instead of commercial foods and goes somewhat into depth at explaining the reasons why.  It contains advice about 180 breeds and mixes, and, while I am sure it is to promote the author's books, I think it is better that it represents books than a commercial pet food company, or other Capitalist endeavor.

http://www.yourpurebredpuppy.com/health/common/feeding.html
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: Breed-specific information on this "packed" web site...
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2005, 09:50:27 pm »
Check out Whole Dog Journal (www.wholedogjo urnal.com) for all sorts of ratings on all the different feeding theories.  They are a fab. resource

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 09:53:29 am »
Moonlit, I know the website of which you speak and I bought that e-book on how to train your dog a hundred english words. I really like that woman and all she has to say, she's pretty funny and realistic. The e-book turned out to be really cool and you know I haven't actually taught my dogs many new words yet, but I realized how many they already know.
Has anyone read that book Give your Dog a Bone? I'm thinking about buying it and I'm wondering how good it is. The local bookstores don't have it for me to browse through. Or really has anyone read ANY good books on the ol' home-made bones and raw-food diet?

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2005, 09:59:19 am »
Thank yous so much for your first-hand account of this author.  I have not ordered her e-book, but from what I gleened from the web site, I felt she was realistic and interesting with solid advice to offer.

Moonlit, I know the website of which you speak and I bought that e-book on how to train your dog a hundred english words. I really like that woman and all she has to say, she's pretty funny and realistic. The e-book turned out to be really cool and you know I haven't actually taught my dogs many new words yet, but I realized how many they already know.
Has anyone read that book Give your Dog a Bone? I'm thinking about buying it and I'm wondering how good it is. The local bookstores don't have it for me to browse through. Or really has anyone read ANY good books on the ol' home-made bones and raw-food diet?
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner