Author Topic: UPDATE: Anybody Interested in a SE Meet-n-Greet?  (Read 10188 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
UPDATE: Anybody Interested in a SE Meet-n-Greet?
« on: September 02, 2006, 06:13:50 am »
Anybody up for a Sat. at our small farm and BBQ? DH ok'ed Sat. Nov. 11th for the day. Please post or pm if you have an interest.

We are located outside of Dothan, AL approx. 3 hrs from Mobile, 3.5 hours from Atlanta, 2 hrs from Tallahasee, 4 hrs. from Gainesville, FL.....

We have 2 small ponds for fishing, areas for riding, (but no arena and you would need to bring your own horse, lol) and can clear a couple of pastures for the dogs...

Deena
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 02:55:01 am by Good Hope »

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody Interested in a SE Meet-n-Greet?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 06:38:58 am »
I am up for it. Would love to hang out with Big Paws for the weekend. Is there a hotel nearby that allows dogs?

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 07:01:49 am »
Is there a hotel nearby that allows dogs?

I know that there are some in town.  We can look into that for you, as far as which hotels, their rates, and any size restrictions.  :)

Also, if you had wanted to take a long weekend, we are 80 miles north of Panama City.  When you are coming that far you might want to think about spending a day at the beaches there.

Deena

Offline cataria

• Ankle Biter
  • Shade and Bella
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 09:23:45 am »
From Montgomery here...keep us posted.  Don't know about bringing my horse, but a meet and greet sounds like a lot of fun. It will be cool enough in November for Shade to enjoy being out and about.  Of course, Bella always loves an outing.  Also, my daughter lives in Mobile so it's a possibility she might enjoy bringing her Daphne.  She introduced me to Big Paws :) 

Kat
"If unicorns and Pegasus exist only in the minds of children and dreamers, then I am honored to be among the ranks of the childish believer; for where my childhood dreams do die, there too my soul shall whither…" (Sue Lay - copyright 2002)

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 12:58:27 pm »
That would be so much fun!  Let me check the calender for that day but we should be able to come.

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 05:18:07 pm »
Aww, I wish I could come, but I dobut it...its a bit far for me to travel in my junker... (coming from the Tallassee/Wetumpka area)
Emily and the gang

cricket36580

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2006, 03:36:25 am »
Emily, if you want to come we can make it happen.  Don't worry about transportation .  Might mean an extra day though...

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 03:41:04 am »
I might be able to come! We'll see how my car is running closer to Novemeber! ;) ;D

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 10:47:30 am »
I will do my very best. I sure could use a fun doggy day.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 07:43:30 am »
Sounds like a plan!!  I know Daphne loves any chance she can get to meet new friends!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE: Anybody Interested in a SE Meet-n-Greet?
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2006, 03:05:11 am »
As some of you know, my FIL pasted away unexpectantly, a week ago last Sunday. The funeral and arrangements took over a week and spanned two continents. There are still issues to resolve which will take a few weeks possible months.

I am very sorry, but due to these family issues, we will need to cancel the SE Meet and Greet scheduled for Nov. Perhaps Holly or someone else, could take over and arrange something else for the near future?

I was really looking forward to meeting you all, please feel free to pm or email me if you'd like to come visit. I'm afraid only short notice visits are possible at this time.

Deena

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE: Anybody Interested in a SE Meet-n-Greet?
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 04:50:31 am »
I'm sorry to hear about your FIL.  I hope things calm down for you sooner than later.  We will all get to meet, eventually!  Thank you for offering up your place to all of us and hopefully we can do it sometime in the future.  I wish I had a bigger place!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix