Author Topic: HELP!!!  (Read 16175 times)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
Re: HELP!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 03:20:12 am »
Just don't forget the MILK THISTLE!!!!!! For that follow instructions for people.
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 03:22:46 am »
I've never heard of milk thistle. Any place would have it, too? Or will I have to go to a specialty place?
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 03:23:46 am »
Usually any store that sells any vitamins like stop and shop or somehting like that would have it
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 03:27:26 am »
you can look it up online too...for the benefits of it .. just google Milk thistle or liver protection
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 03:37:14 am »
Thanks so much! I'm so nervous for the vet to call today and tell me if it was caused by Brucella or not. From what I've read, if it was caused by Brucella, it'll never go completely away, we'll just have to keep it in check.

Justin's making fun of me because I said I was thinking about putting the TV in there with her so she could watch it. The radio is keeping her semi-company, but I still feel bad for her stuck in the crate all the time. I gave her one of my old stuffed animals (that I've managed to save from being destroyed by either her or Kingsley) and she's cuddling with it now. Poor Spongebob.
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 03:40:04 am »
i leave the tv on for my deaf dog... it keeps her company too... i understand. Jaz loves watching animal planet. It is definitly hard to keep them in the crate but you can work on some commands while she is in there...such as the watch me game, sit, wait, down. Work on all your commmands. The crate can help with those things because she must have eye contact to come out of the crate to go potty, or must wait so she doesn't bolt out of the crate.  I don't make fun of you with the TV.....
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 08:59:08 am »
Will this week get any worse?

I got to work, only to find out that my pathological liar co-worker had called my director and told her all sorts of nasty things, and the director gave her permission to handle the situation as she saw fit, and so she told me to go find another job.

This will really help with the vet bills.

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2006, 09:10:52 am »
Everything happens for a reason... just think she will have it coming to her... She has bad Karma if you would say. So Sorry you are having a bad start..and it is only tuesday!
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2006, 03:41:49 am »
Great news! I talked to the vet last night, and there's no fracture!! So no more being stuck in the kennel! We still have to regulate her activity, obviously, but so far she's been doing great. The infection did spread to her lymphnodes, though, so he put her on another antibiotic for two months, amoxycillin (sp?). He said as long as we keep her on the amox. for two months and the others for 3 months, this should be taken care of. Oh, and it wasn't caused by the brucella bacteria.

Also, my co-worker called me yesterday morning and asked if I'd be coming in or if I needed to take yesterday off, too, because of everything. So basically...sh e must not have had the authority to fire me, and she's now covering her @ss and saying I willingly took Tuesday off. She's still giving me the silent treatment, but oh well.

AND my dad gets here tonight and tomorrow is Justin's birthday! It's a happy day here! Except that I have to do a few hours of mad cleaning to try to get the house decent looking...

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2006, 03:49:34 am »
YAY!!! SEE YOUR WEEK turned right around!!! That is so wonderful about the pup..and your job.... YAY i am so happy for you!!!!!!
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2006, 03:53:29 am »
Thanks!

Now if I can only figure out how to reattach Spongebob's spatula, crabby patty, and the corner of his head...

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2006, 03:56:11 am »
well she tried to keep him intact.....jus t the spatula kept hitting her in the head...and she wanted to round off the corners....
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Our pets are all above

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2006, 04:06:37 am »
 ;D

And how can I expect her NOT to want to eat the crabby patty?!

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2006, 04:39:41 am »
Well, it's good to know that throughout all of this, she hasn't lost her ability to guard me from the vacuum. I don't know what I'd do if I thought I'd have to face the vacuum alone!!

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2006, 08:44:40 am »
So glad to hear she's doing much better! Yes, amoxycillin is very good for clearing up any infection she may have. We've had to give it to our cats many times. Start feeling better, Laika! And I hope your mommy is doing okay too!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."