Author Topic: Would anyone like to come to a lower Midwest meet 'n greet?  (Read 24169 times)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Would anyone like to come to a lower Midwest meet 'n greet?
« on: September 04, 2006, 07:46:04 am »
I know there aren't a whole lot of people around my area, but I just thought if there are some new members or others who are interested, perhaps we could discuss it? If you would like to suggest a specific weekend, place, or time, that's just fine with me!  :) Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, maybe Arkansas are all pretty easy for me to get to. Maybe Nebraska too. Is anyone able to or willing?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
Re: Would anyone like to come to a lower Midwest meet 'n greet?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 08:26:15 am »
I am if the date works out.  Jackie Wood Tanimara Great Pyrenees, extreme south central MO.
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 11:49:54 am »
Wonderful! Do you have any dates that will absoulutely not work out? Then perhaps we can go from there. Any suggestions of a place?
Marissa

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 03:36:12 pm »
Right now Sept 7 - 21.  Lots going on right now.  Holidays are not good either of course.  But that's it.  I'll have to think about a place.  There is a big hotel with acompaning camping sites right on the lake (Bull Shoals) that would probably accomadate both hotel stayers and campers.  I'll have to check and see if they take dogs at the hotel first... Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 03:59:57 pm »
Perhaps October? I have a few days off around the 24th of that month or so I think. Do you have anything going on around then? Do you know if anyone else might be interested?
Marissa

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 04:37:18 pm »
I would love to but, as it stands now, I am lucky to get to leave my house much less the state of Iowa. :-\ :(

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 07:24:31 am »
We'd love to!  We're in northeastern Oklahoma now and the newfie girls would love to make some new big-pawed friends!  We're out for the end of September, but October works well for us too.  Yippee! :)

Kiahpyr

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 07:34:43 am »
I would be interested! It would depend on how far it is though.

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 10:15:41 am »
Yay! Glad to hear some others are interested too! Okay, so can we maybe narrow it down to the end of October perhaps? Is that bad for anyone's schedule? And Gypsy, is there anyway or anywhere we could hold it that it would be easy for you to come to and get back home without being gone for too long? Anyone have any other suggestions of a good place to hold it? We are wide open here!
Marissa

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 09:33:47 am »
bumpety bump!
Marissa

kristi

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 05:00:58 pm »
Yay! Glad to hear some others are interested too! Okay, so can we maybe narrow it down to the end of October perhaps? Is that bad for anyone's schedule? And Gypsy, is there anyway or anywhere we could hold it that it would be easy for you to come to and get back home without being gone for too long? Anyone have any other suggestions of a good place to hold it? We are wide open here!

I'm game for another meet-up!
I would probably have to do the drive there & back in the same day (like I did for the Indy meet), but I don't have a problem with that! ;D
-k.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 05:09:07 pm »
I don't think I can get away...My hubby is only home from Wed.night until Sat. morning each week...If everyone can come up with dates that work around that I might be able to make it.

Kiahpyr

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 01:46:31 am »
I know we all can camp out at Chelle's! She has a huge yard and a go cart track. I know it's in Iowa, but it will be tons of fun!

kristi

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 01:51:09 am »
I know we all can camp out at Chelle's! She has a huge yard and a go cart track. I know it's in Iowa, but it will be tons of fun!

WooHoo!  Iowa isn't far!! :D
-k.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 01:55:26 am »
That would SO seriously work for me!!!...Lets just hope it doesn't rain 'eh April? :-\ ::) :D :D