Author Topic: Would anyone like to come to a lower Midwest meet 'n greet?  (Read 24171 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Re: Would anyone like to come to a lower Midwest meet 'n greet?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2006, 03:10:35 am »
I have been eyeballing this thread, trying to figure out a way to jump on board, but I really can't.  :-\ That is in the heart of hockey season, and we have already committed Casey to the season. But it isn't that far, and we will plan something next spring/summer, cuz I am jonesing to meet my (evil?) twin. LOL
Stella
Oh we'll be getting together Stella ;D...I am sure that is written in stone somewhere!...I would be more than hapy to do it again next spring!!! ;D

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2006, 03:24:25 am »
Well, so are we kind of thinking we want to wait or go ahead and have it and maybe something later in spring will pop up? Either way is fine with me! Chelle, temperatures and weather will affect this of course! What kind of weather do you guys usually have in Iowa around late October? And then how is it in spring?
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2006, 07:21:57 am »
Late Oct. is getting downright cold at night...Spring is gorgeous around mid to late April or early May...If people want to do it next month we can...for those who can't make it we can do it again in the spring...or we can just wait until  spring...It all works for me! ;D...Anyone? :-\

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2006, 10:50:59 am »
I know you didn't mention March, but I have quite a few days off from school then too. Maybe something then or a weekend in spring would be fine with me too. But if anyone else is game to go in October, I'll go too! It's an 8 hour drive for us. Any takers on October? If not, we can always plan for spring!
Marissa

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2006, 11:08:17 am »
I know you didn't mention March, but I have quite a few days off from school then too. Maybe something then or a weekend in spring would be fine with me too. But if anyone else is game to go in October, I'll go too! It's an 8 hour drive for us. Any takers on October? If not, we can always plan for spring!
March would be good but it is pretty cold here in the first part of the month at least...When are you off of school?

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2006, 11:10:39 am »
My spring break is March 19-23, but that also includes the weekend before and after those days, so it's actually March 17-25. After that, I pretty much have no time off. And with this being my senior year, going all the way up and back in just a weekend and going back to school on a Monday would be pretty hard for me.
Marissa

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2006, 02:06:02 pm »
I think the verdict is to wait until spring, okay everyone? That seems to work best overall for a lot of people. That gives us more time to plan too! Is that okay, Chelle? Thank you so much for being willing to host this though, now or later!  :) You are so sweet. Come January, I'll bump this topic and we can keep planning from where we are now. Okay folks?!  ;)
Marissa

kristi

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2006, 02:35:14 pm »
sound good! ;)
-k.

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2006, 03:04:33 pm »
I think the verdict is to wait until spring, okay everyone? That seems to work best overall for a lot of people. That gives us more time to plan too! Is that okay, Chelle? Thank you so much for being willing to host this though, now or later!  :) You are so sweet. Come January, I'll bump this topic and we can keep planning from where we are now. Okay folks?!  ;)
I think that will work fine & give everyone time to decide what works for them & to plan...I REALLY hope we can do it come spring though!...With dh gone 5 days a week it is near impossible for me to get away with all the critters we have here...I don't trust pet sitters & it is way too expensive to board the other 11 animals besides the dogs...& I will never board the dogs unless it is of vital importance & I really need dh to help me manage all 3 of them.
Everyone what works for you in spring?...Any idea?...I will say it would be better starting on a Wed. or Thursday & going from there because, again, then I will have dh for helping me...When I find out it will come together for sure I'm going to try & start planning some fun events...I am, as I type, trying to figure out how to get a police type radar gun so we can do a "radar run"...That's when you set up a straight coarse & set your dog loose & radar how fast they run. ;D

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2006, 05:15:34 pm »
Oh my gosh, that would be so fun! And starting it on a Wed. or Thurs. would totally work for me, but then that's just my schedule. We'll see how it goes for everyone else. And we'll get dates figured out soon enough. And this will definitely give me and everyone else time to get good and excited for it! Yay! Chelle, let me know if you need any brainstorming ideas for fun things to do! (not saying I'll have any but if I do, you can bet it will have to do with food!  ;) Go figure!)
Marissa

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2006, 08:27:19 pm »
Oh my gosh, that would be so fun! And starting it on a Wed. or Thurs. would totally work for me, but then that's just my schedule. We'll see how it goes for everyone else. And we'll get dates figured out soon enough. And this will definitely give me and everyone else time to get good and excited for it! Yay! Chelle, let me know if you need any brainstorming ideas for fun things to do! (not saying I'll have any but if I do, you can bet it will have to do with food!  ;) Go figure!)
Bring on the brainstorm! ;D lol! ...I am also planning on using our 2 & 1/2 ft. deep pool for all dogs that want to dip...For the nature lovers there is a creek nearby with some decent swimming holes that I have standing permission to use...We also have a huge bonfire pit in our fenced back yard & a go-cart track with an adult sized dune buggy that moves out (ask April& he dh...lol) & we are not above wetting down the track to muddy to kickup some fun & dirt clods...lol!...& if we get bored in my yard the "Field of Dreams" filming site is open to the public (& their dogs ;D) right here in small town USA (Dyersville..my town :)) to play a game or two...I am getting very excited!...Who's coming?...C'mon all! :-* ;D ;D

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2006, 09:27:46 am »
Oh oh oh, bonfires mean s'mores, right?!?!  ;D And pick me, pick me! I'm coming! It'll be me, Mom, and the girls. Yay! Who else is coming?  ;)
Marissa