Author Topic: Betti Went to the Lake  (Read 2793 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Betti Went to the Lake
« on: August 11, 2006, 04:48:03 pm »
Little Betti is doing fine. She has many new games she loves to play now that she's comfortable. You can see videos of her on Youtube.com listed under my username - ursusarctosana .
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Betti Went to the Lake
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 07:34:44 am »
Betti is an interesting dog, as all dogs are interesting in their own ways. Betti is one of those rotties that likes to dig at water. Different people coin their behavior different ways, but I always say that Betti is trying to "empty the lake". So I set up a baby pool in the back yard and she gets all fired up about "emptying" it. The expression on her face becomes dead serious and she splashes furiously, often so much so that she loses rhythm and misteps, which causes us to laugh. She is definitely the clown dog of the house.

Sometimes when she is splashing wildly she also vocalizes. Her most common phrases are, "Whoa-whoa!" or she'll say, "Whoa whoa-whoa!" It comes out sounding like the human equivalent of "Whoa is me!" When we are at a lake she is hesitant to swim; I think it scares her. But she is happy to begin "emptying" away and, if we join alongside her, we can partake in synchronized splashing.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 07:42:19 am »
K9 -

Also it is definitely fact--your observation that Betti looks young in the first picture; however, the photos were all taken on the same day. Betti is one of those dogs that remains puppy-like. She's three years old now, but the puppy look is still dominant. People always ask if she's a puppy and they're surprised to find out she's three. She is descended from a line of rotties out of California, Bickesheim, and all of the dogs in that kennel by that name have that puppy look.

Just take a look at Falko Von Bickesheim: http://www.importrottweilers.com/falko.html

See the resemblance?

Also, take a look at the champion Lord Von Bickesheim; he, too, has the Betti look:

http://www.importrottweilers.com/studs.html

She is also descended from the Shwaigen Wappen, which is a very famous line.

But, little Betti was given to me at no charge. I am soooooo lucky. She needed a lot of attention, because she had been neglected by the people who purchased her from the breeder. (He confiscated her and when I emailed him about his dogs he told me about her and decided that I could give her a wonderful home.) Of that...I think he made a good judgement call.

I love her so much.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 05:57:25 am »
Betti!  we all love you pupper! 

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 06:44:26 am »
She is looking good!  So cute!
Rachel and Sophie