Author Topic: New Owner would love Info  (Read 15429 times)

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Re: New Owner would love Info
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 02:55:22 am »
Oh Phoebe is a gorgeous merlequin!!  I have a deaf merlequin too.  I've attached pictures but I don't think you can see Boo's eyes.  She has one blue eye and one brown/green eye.  ;D

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 02:57:05 am »
BBBBOOOOOOOOOO OO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
    • Life with Eclectus Parrots
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2006, 04:42:53 am »
Boo is so pretty!! I love the markings. I think it's so neat that they can have a half and half eye. I've seen the two different colored eyes before but never an eye with two colors. Until Phoebe of course. Do you find that with Boo being deaf she's more easy going around other dogs? I find Phoebe is shy and a bit of a push over, she really allows other dogs of any size to climb all over her and push her around. While she did do a puppy pounce stance once with another Dane she didn't seem to understand how to play or interact. She follows our Chihuahua around and sometimes gets frisky but that's pretty much the extent of play for her.
Megan- Mom to Phoebe(Great Dane)
Thunder (Chihuahua)
Viggo & Sula (Red Sided Eclectus Parrots)
Meisha & Sydney (Vos Eclectus Parrots)
Skaha (7-toed Polydactol Cat)

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2006, 04:48:38 am »
I can tell you that jaz, is great around other dogs although she doesn't get the hint that others don't want to play with her. ESP. small dogs. She loves small dogs, the excite her a lot!!  I mean a lot!!! They will growl at her, and she doesn't hear them, and keeps going. Then she gets her nose nipped. One time they made contact and her nose was black and blue for a while. Fine now though. Jaz had to learn from others how to play with them...danes are so lanky that they don't exactly know how to play, although once they get to know you they will paly, she is jsut getting her surroundings.
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2006, 04:56:23 am »
Phoebe gets that alot. Our Chihuahua is intimated by her size so when she towers over him he will growl or turn and chase her or nip at her and she doesn't seem to catch on. My sisters Tea Cup Chihuahua was a real brat and was not nice at all to Phoebe who is so laid back that she followed Stella even with Stella's threatening growls. I don't think the little dogs get that Phoebe won't hurt them she's just curious. Or they have little Dog syndrom where they think they are far bigger. I know our Chihuahua Thunder suffers from that. Phoebe does like to tap Thunder on the back once in a while during passing with her paw and Thunder sees it as teasing. LOL
Thunder (Chihuahua)

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 06:16:07 am »
Boo is so pretty!! I love the markings. I think it's so neat that they can have a half and half eye. I've seen the two different colored eyes before but never an eye with two colors. Until Phoebe of course. Do you find that with Boo being deaf she's more easy going around other dogs? I find Phoebe is shy and a bit of a push over, she really allows other dogs of any size to climb all over her and push her around. While she did do a puppy pounce stance once with another Dane she didn't seem to understand how to play or interact. She follows our Chihuahua around and sometimes gets frisky but that's pretty much the extent of play for her.

Boo is a brat!!  We have an American Bulldog/Amstaff mix and she's always bothering her!  The two of them go nonstop.  But then our Bully will want to stop and Boo will continue to annoy her.  She'll get a growl (not that she can hear it) and then a nip.  I have to say, that doesn't stop her really.  One of us usually has to step in and tell her "no".  And Boo pretty much likes every dog she meets.  She can be a little skittish at first, then she goes into play bow and wants to fool around.  We met a 5 yr old Great Dane where my daugther has cheerleading practice.  Boo wants to play with him sooo bad but he had growth plate problems and may have some hip issues so his mom doesn't really want him to play (which is understandable).  BTW that picture of Boo on the bed, the bed is actually a queen size bed.  It totally doesn't look like it with my giant lump of a dog on it ;D  Boo is tall but not very heavy.  I can't tell you her exact measurements for height, but she weighs in at 120 lbs at 14+ months.  Her head reaches above my waist though. 

Offline PhoebesMom

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Phoebe
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2006, 06:49:38 am »
Boo sounds like Phoebe a lot. I had seen the pictures of Boo on the bed and wondered if it was a double bed. She is so big. I find everything about the Danes so amusing since Phoebe joined our family, they are very unlike smaller breeds. It's been especially interesting living with a deaf dog. Friends of ours call us the Sympathy Zoo since all of our pets are either rehomed or rescued. We just have such soft hearts when it comes to animals that need a loving forever home. It sucks sometimes having so many considering I have 2 young children and run a day home as well because it makes for so much work but like raising children it's been the most rewarding joy to see animals from past homes come around and learn the joys of toys, people, food ect.
Thunder (Chihuahua)