Author Topic: Pippin plays Mr. Mom to his human brother & sis...lol!  (Read 5776 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

Pippin plays Mr. Mom to his human brother & sis...lol!
« on: September 06, 2006, 01:33:46 am »
I wasn't sure if this should go in the Great Pyr forums or Big dog With Jobs so I am posting it here...lol!

When my skin kids are hard to wake in the morning I have to pull ou t the big guns (or should I say BIG dog? :D)
Pippin knows exactly what I want when I put him in for a special play & always knows where to find the kids. :D (last night I let them sleep in the living room)...Sometimes they are in their rooms, sometimes in my room & once in awhile in the living room...I just open the door to let Pippin in the other part of the house & tell him "Pippin...go get your kids up!"...He LOVES this routine! ;D ...He grooms them...sticks his nose under their armpits...whac ks them with the "dirty devil dog paw" & generally romps on them until they pet him & then get up. ;D

EllieAndBlu

Re: Pippin plays Mr. Mom to his human brother & sis...lol!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 02:20:52 am »
awwwwww - that is sooooo cute! It syre beats an alarm clock!  ;D

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 02:30:59 am »
Awww how sweet, looks like Pippin does a good job :D
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 02:41:17 am »
Now that is Pippin's idea of heaven. Give a working dog a job to do and he is happy. Now my danes on the other hand are useless for waking anyone. They simply crawl in the bed and join the snooze-fest.
When my kids were young and wouldn't get up I put a bag of marbles in the freezer. They got one wake up call, then the marbles came out and got dumped in the bed under the covers with them. Feet hit the floor in 2.2 seconds.
Wicked, but very effective.
Stella

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 02:42:27 am »
Such a wonderful way to wake up! ;)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:52:05 am »
Now that is Pippin's idea of heaven. Give a working dog a job to do and he is happy. Now my danes on the other hand are useless for waking anyone. They simply crawl in the bed and join the snooze-fest.
When my kids were young and wouldn't get up I put a bag of marbles in the freezer. They got one wake up call, then the marbles came out and got dumped in the bed under the covers with them. Feet hit the floor in 2.2 seconds.
Wicked, but very effective.
Stella
You made them pick the marbles up then...right? ;D
Great idea!!! ;D ;D
Now to teach Pippin to dump the frozen marbles on them!! ;D

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 02:56:23 am »
Pippin is SO CUTE!  He really looks like he's enjoying his job.

These ideas are awesome!  I have a child hitting the teen phase.  The first child to hit the teen phase still gets up at 5 am so I doubt he'll ever be an issue.  I wish he would learn to sleep a little longer!!!  #2 and 3 though would really like to sleep in.  Yesterday I tried to get one up at 6:45 and she said she didn't want to get up yet since it wasn't 7:00.  Eider would LOVE to help out with this game!  Sounds like a good use for marbles to too to me!  Bwahahaha!
Daphne

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 04:35:17 am »
I guess Im not very creative.  Marbles and Pyrs for waking up the kids!  Great idea!  This am I woke up Dakota (for those of you who dont know, I am raising my 14 yo granddaughter!)  She's a red head and believe me this is her first time around!  She told me last night to get her up at 6:30 so she had time to get prettied up for her school pics which will be taken today.  I woke her up at 6:30, 6:45, 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, school bus comes at 7:40.  I told her at 7:40 if she missed the bus she could walk to school.  About a mile and a half I guess.  She looked at me and said, no mom would make thier child walk to school!  I started laughing and told her she had a lot to learn about moms!  She stomped out the door, mad at me for even suggesting such a thing!  But she made it to the bus on time!  I can just see the school pics now!  Man she can be infuriating!  Next time she gets the Pyr in her bed and if that doesn't work she'll get the marbles next!  Thanks for the ideas ladies!... Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

GR8DAME

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 04:46:18 am »
Believe me, if you try the marbles, they work. There is no place that they can hide, the marbles touch them anywhere they go in the bed. It only took once for my son and twice for my daughter, and now they both get up at first call. BTW, hang around at the doorway, the amusement factor is worth the time, LOL
Stella

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 05:19:07 am »
LOL  I bet it is.. I cant wait!  'cause it is going to happen again!
Thanks
Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 05:27:29 am »
Now to teach Pippin to dump the frozen marbles on them!! ;D

Let me know how that goes!  ;D

Stella, you have some of the best ideas!  Fortunately, my two eldest children are pretty good about getting up when they are supposed to, but with four little ones, you never know when this might come in handy.  ;)

Deena

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2006, 09:12:24 am »
I guess Im not very creative.  Marbles and Pyrs for waking up the kids!  Great idea!  This am I woke up Dakota (for those of you who dont know, I am raising my 14 yo granddaughter!)  She's a red head and believe me this is her first time around!  She told me last night to get her up at 6:30 so she had time to get prettied up for her school pics which will be taken today.  I woke her up at 6:30, 6:45, 7:00, 7:15, 7:30, school bus comes at 7:40.  I told her at 7:40 if she missed the bus she could walk to school.  About a mile and a half I guess.  She looked at me and said, no mom would make thier child walk to school!  I started laughing and told her she had a lot to learn about moms!  She stomped out the door, mad at me for even suggesting such a thing!  But she made it to the bus on time!  I can just see the school pics now!  Man she can be infuriating!  Next time she gets the Pyr in her bed and if that doesn't work she'll get the marbles next!  Thanks for the ideas ladies!... Jackie
Jackie, I can't believe you've had Pyrs for all these years & haven't found a good use for them yet but gaurding livestock! :P :D :D :D :-*

k2campbell

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2006, 02:17:16 pm »
Those pics are just excellent - it looks like Pippin REALLY enjoys playing "Mr. Mom"!!! :D  I love the expression on his face in all the pics ;)