Author Topic: GREAT DANES IN TX  (Read 4108 times)

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
GREAT DANES IN TX
« on: September 07, 2006, 07:31:38 am »
These two great danes are in the Irving, TX shelter. They will become available to adopt on the 8th (tomorrow) and their euthanasia date is the 9th. Anybody around here? I don't even know if I can transport...al l I have is a little car and I don't know if they'd fit! They're both only 80 pounds, listed as housebroken already, the black one is female and the other is male.

If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline lshelley21

• Big Paw Certified
  • Jazmine 7 months old
    • View Profile
Re: GREAT DANES IN TX
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 07:33:33 am »
there must be a dane rescue down there... get in contact with them
Lauren, Jazmine (great dane)
Jazmine's pets:
Calvin (ferret)
Willy (ferret)
Samantha (ferret)
Baxter (ferret)
Ferrets friends:
Shirly and baldamore (geckos)
Gecko's friend:
Big D (fish)

Oh yeah.. my pet.. Matt (hubby)
Our pets are all above

bigdogs@5501

Re: GREAT DANES IN TX -UPDATE
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 11:52:56 am »
These are the Danes that I was talking about last nite. As of today, I am on the list to pick them up if they are not adopted or pulled by one of the Dane rescues. Which means they will not be put to sleep on Saturday. If they are there for an extended amount of time and in danger of euthanasia, I will get a phone call and will go and get them. I have the money and have already spoke to the shelter. Problem is- we will have to get them in a home fairly quick since one is an unaltered male and I have an Alpha Male here that does not tolerate other male dogs. Yes they are both house broken. Possibly brother and sister. They are gentle and walk on a leash very well. I have sent out emails to everyone I know and possibly have a few good leads on good homes. I will keep every one updated. But rest assured- I will not let these guys be put to sleep. I may end up in divorce court- but well, we will deal with that then I suppose.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 12:58:42 pm »
Oh thank goodness!!! The whole time I was at work I was racking my brain trying to think about ways to get them. After Laika's little ordeal, we just do NOT have the money to feed another two mouths! I emailed a couple rescues and called one but they haven't gotten back with me. I almost just PMd you instead of posting it to the general board.
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 01:17:54 pm »
Feel free at any time to call me, either on my cell or my office phone or to send me a email to paigesegovia@msn.com.
I am disgusted with the human race on a regular basis lately. How can people just let thier dogs go, dump them or abandon them? I have a total of 9 dogs right now. Ranging in age from 16 years old down to 7 mos old. The 7 month old Pyr was going to be put to sleep because she had kennel cough and the owners didnt want to spend the money to treat her and personally I think that it was just a good excuse to get rid of her. The 7 year old Pyr, was abandoned, the family moved out and left her at the house. It took me 3 weeks to find out about her and to go and get her. I have 7 more stories similiar to this. Its also a time commitment here for me- I spend a lot of time just loving on the crew here and enjoy every minute of it. And it is a time constraint that keeps me from picking up the Danes and just keeping them. Food, yea we go thru a lot and it is not cheap. I have a wonderful vet who has been more than gracious with me. She knows that I am a sucker. And there is a special place in heaven for her.
So here's my numbers and we are going to make sure that these guys are not euthanized.
cell 214-724-0856 office 866-473-3828

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 02:02:05 pm »
I am so glad to hear that those two are going to be safe!!! YAY!!!!! :D

Bigdogs@5501, you are an angel.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 01:06:03 am »

Bigdogs@5501, you are an angel.

I second that! I wish there were more people like you!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 05:31:56 am »
You are fantastic!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline MSF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 11:11:31 am »
Avail on the 8th for adoption and schedualed to be put down the 9th !!!!!!!!!!
They sure don't give a poor dog much time do they?

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 03:02:38 pm »
Just want every to rest assured- I will have them with me as of 10AM in the morning. These poor babies are scared to death of everything right now- so getting them home and loved and fed, will be a priority. Danes just never do well in a shelter for any length of time. I promise, pics tomorrow- then we can work on getting them into a good home.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 03:21:50 pm »
Yes ,I agree . You are an ANGEL !!!!!  :-*
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 03:28:43 pm »
No, not an angel, but extremely coniving. My husband,was not at all thrilled with my newest decision. He pretty much gave me every reason in the book as to why it was not a good idea. So then I suggested he go and get the new exhaust system on his truck that he had been wanting- and now he is totally ok with this. HA. He really is a sweetie and cant wait to get them out of that horrible place.I also plan on printing out that article about the guy who works at the city shelter and how horrible his job is- and just leave it to where he has to read it. I read it at 5 this morning and just cried until I couldnt anymore - and then as soon as the shelter opened this morning- I started calling and asking for hourly updates on the Danes. I have no idea what I am getting myself into, but I have my faith and I know that this is the right thing to do, they deserve a home with someone who will love them. And I plan on finding that for them.