Author Topic: Thank god.  (Read 4942 times)

Offline LMT

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Thank god.
« on: September 08, 2006, 03:36:30 pm »
Because of Adi's skin condition (which is still unknown), he was prescribed medicated soothing shampoo. Up until now, he's been going to the groomers every two weeks, to keep him clean and to get him used to being groomed at a young age.

Well... Tonight I gave it a go myself... I really didn't want to, but I knew he needed to give this shampoo a try... Luckily, the kid only weighs 45 pounds so far... I was able to pick him up and put him in the tub (it's a claw foot, so a bit smaller, and taller). He wasn't afraid of the water and he behaved SO WELL. He even sat down on command and let me pour cups of water on him wherver I wanted. He gave kisses, wagged his tail when I talked to him, and didn't make a run for it once.

Thank goodness! I am sooo greatful. I've had to deal with large labs jumping out of the tub mid bath before and so I would prefer to just send them to the groomers... Plus, I don't have hose access outside... so the whole tub thing is off putting... But at least I know he behaves well, if I ever have to again!

Afterwards, I used a hair dryer on him and he was very content if he got a belly rub or back rub. He's still damn but in the after-bath hyped happiness mood.
lmt.

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
Re: Thank god.
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 03:40:53 pm »
Awwww what a good boy !!!! And no wonder his hair is so poofy , he gets it done every two weeks ! LOL  ;D He's adorable , I just want to smoosh that lil' ole face !
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 12:52:05 am »
What a gooooooooood boy! Want to bathe my mastiffs now for me? Pleeeeease? I only have two here at the moment, so it should be lots easier for you to do them.

Weedsport, NY

GR8DAME

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 02:56:43 am »
In the summer at my house it is an outdoor assembly line, kinda like a drive thru car wash, and they are resigned to the abuse. In the winter we do the bathroom thing and the results are always...ummmm ...entertainin g?? At least, as Tina pointed out, until it is time to clean up the mess. But that is why I have children, to do the things that I don't want to do.
Stella

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 03:05:02 am »
I'm lucky...The man who built this house did masonary work & put a shower with a cement floor & cinderblock side in the basement (He also put a toilet stall in the garage...GENIU S!!! ;D) so hubby got me 10 feet of garden hose & an outdoor hose attachment so I have a perfect doggy wash station! ;D