Author Topic: new to the forum  (Read 4724 times)

Offline JoAnne R

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
new to the forum
« on: September 13, 2006, 10:40:17 am »
I live in Daphne AL. and am the head slave to five dogs ranging from 1 cattledog, 2 Border Collies, 1 lab and a GSD and I'm also the guardian of five parrots, all of which will probably outlive me. Odd combination don't you agree? I had a chance to look over all the different groups you have here, what a great job whoever created this forum!! :D

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: new to the forum
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 03:00:33 pm »
Hello there! Welcome to Big Paws! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an 18 month old Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a 16 month old Saint Bernard. I'm up in Kansas. Can't wait to see some pictures of your fur and feather crew!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 03:25:19 pm by Saint and Mal mom »
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline JoAnne R

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 09:10:45 pm »
Melissa, you'd asked what kind of birds I have..well actually, I think it's more like, what kind of birds have ME?
There's a Greater Patagonian Conure, a Congo African Grey, a Quaker, a Senegal and a Cockatiel. The grey and the Senegal are both handicapped, but they don't know it..they get around as well as the other birds with no troubles.
They all take turns bathing in the dogs waterbowl everyday, much to the dogs displeasure..b ut they deal with it or get bit on the nose by one of the bathing beauties.

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 01:08:47 am »
Hello and Welcome! I'm Nicole, mom to Cabeza the Chow/Newfy and Molly, my kid. hahaha! Oh, and three cats. Have fun, this place is great!

cricket36580

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 02:37:05 am »
HEY!!!!!  **me jumping up and down!!!  Welcome over!  So glad you made it.  And I saw you found the SADO group too!   You've already met most of my crew.  You just didn't meet the cockatiel, lovebird, goats, chickens, and the cats.   ::)   ;D  I LOVE parrots!  I'm so jealous.  One day I will have one but it will probably be several years.  I just don't have very much time for them right now.  Wonder why?

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 02:55:17 pm »
Hello and welcome.  You certainly have quite the furry feathery family!  I love african greys and would love to have one someday.

My name is Chris, and I am owned by Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers, and Pasta, a cockatiel.

Offline JoAnne R

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 12:19:58 pm »
Wow! Hello EVERYONE..Than k you for the warm welcomes, I feel at home already.:D I want to tell you all that I love the pictures of your dogs.

I'm not right on top of every post and I apologize, I stay really busy with my own group (Animal Crisis Team) and don't have much "down" time, I'm sure you can all relate.

Can someone please tell me where I add pictures? ..and how???
I'm sooooooo not used to dealing with forums like this.
Thanks in advance!!
JoAnne

mjjensen

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 12:58:03 pm »
Wow! Hello EVERYONE..Than k you for the warm welcomes, I feel at home already.:D I want to tell you all that I love the pictures of your dogs.

I'm not right on top of every post and I apologize, I stay really busy with my own group (Animal Crisis Team) and don't have much "down" time, I'm sure you can all relate.

Can someone please tell me where I add pictures? ..and how???
I'm sooooooo not used to dealing with forums like this.
Thanks in advance!!
JoAnne
  Welcome to BPO. I'm Michael and dad to Sam and Max who are Newf/Pyr mixes and Duncan who's a Newf. I've included a link to the BPO thread on posting pictures. Can't wait to see your crew.
http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,12020.0.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 12:59:02 pm by mjjensen »

Offline KissRN

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2006, 03:35:30 pm »
Hi all!  I am new here also.  I love to see all the pics of everyone's babies.  I am mom to 2 akitas and 1 cat.  Yep, your right.. the cat rules the house.

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2006, 03:46:03 pm »
Well then, welcomes to both of you! From me, Zoey, and Dolly!!!  ;)
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."