Author Topic: Need some advice  (Read 2411 times)

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Need some advice
« on: June 20, 2005, 03:07:48 pm »
Ok here is the situation:  We have a farm dog at work his name is Champ.  He has some arthritis so he has been on Rimadyl for the past month( not everyday tough).  He has been behaving totally himself until this afternoon.  He came with the horse and carriage with me and he followed along side like he always does but an hour after we returned to the barn he was behaving VERY oddly.  He is kind of walking like he is a little bit bow legged in the back and he is flutterring his eyes ALOT and he is carrying his ears in different positions from each other, one ear back and one kind of forward but not upright and his back end is also slightly trembling.  I felt him all over and he didn't seem like he was in pain anywhere.  I am at a loss at what is wrong with him and I am worried sick, he is a wonderful dog.  Does anyone have any idea what may be wrong???  We are not sure of his age, I think he is 7 or 8 yrs.old.

I hope someone can shed some light on this for me....please. :'(

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Need some advice
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 05:44:59 pm »
Champie has been poisoned. I am freaking out.  They don't know what the poison is.  he is home ( with my boss) and he has been tranquilarized .  I am not sure if he is going to be alright.  I don't know what to do. I can't stop crying, this is awful, its a nightmare :'(

Offline shi_ni_ke

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Need some advice
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 02:46:44 am »
Do you keep rat poison in the barn? That is another thing we used to run into when we lived in the country. Even though we didn't use it, neighbors did. Also,what about mushrooms that might have been along the roadside. If they can identify the poison, they may be able to give an antidote.

I will be praying for you all.

Shi Nike