Author Topic: Angus is at the vet today.  (Read 8360 times)

bigdogs@5501

Re: Angus is at the vet today.
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 12:12:03 pm »
God Speed on the Recovery Angus... I have 2 going in on Thursday for spay and neuter. The Bigs here send out good wishes and happy thoughts.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 12:13:44 pm »
PUPPER?  how ya doing ??  It kinda stinks getting that done...but you'll be up and around in no time.

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: Angus is at the vet today. Update.
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 12:21:04 pm »
Angus is home!! And full of stinkin' energy. Pacing the hallway wanting to go out. Whinning, howling the whole 9 yards. I even feed him a cup of food at 6:00 (as per vets instructions) and a cup of water, he had no problems keeping that down (2 and a half hours and counting). This is going to be a tough week or so trying to keep him calm!!

When I got to the vet one of the assistants came around the corner with him saying "Oh Angus!! Boy you are strong!!" There was a golden in the lobby and Angus was ready to play. I got his weight finally and measured. 28-1/2" at the shoulders and a svelt 118 lbs.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 12:23:46 pm »
it never works out that way.  they do what they are capable of and seem to know their limits.  Neither lady or grace would sit still the day of or days after fixing.  they turned out ok.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: Angus is at the vet today. Update.
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 03:01:01 pm »
Angus is home!! And full of stinkin' energy. Pacing the hallway wanting to go out. Whinning, howling the whole 9 yards. I even feed him a cup of food at 6:00 (as per vets instructions) and a cup of water, he had no problems keeping that down (2 and a half hours and counting). This is going to be a tough week or so trying to keep him calm!!

Guess that's good news and bad news!  Good to hear he's doing so well, sorry to hear you're going to have a tough time keeping him quiet!  I think those were the longest 10 days in my life when Carter came to us with stitches.  He was a wild thing!  Fortunately we all survived.  I guess the good news is that even wild things can manage the neutering and there are rarely complications.  Maybe someone can find that link to the alternative to the e-collar.  You might need that.
Daphne

Offline galaxybears

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • chins n newfs
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2006, 10:09:26 am »
Glad to hear he is ok after hip op. We could be in your shoes one of these days as we have been thinking of getting Kitten done... Well there are three girls in the house :o, trouble is, if we do get him done we won't be able to show him anymore and his coat might go horrible and thick :-[
Shelley
Mum to Molly, Honey and Kitten
RIP my darling Bronte

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 05:23:21 pm »
Awww! Poor Angus.   :(  I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well. Get well, Angus!   :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 08:33:36 am »
Awww! Poor Angus.   :(  I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well. Get well, Angus!   :)
That was actually my 12 year old daughter writing. :) She didn't realize the date. :) We hope Angus is fully recovered & feeling great! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2006, 09:42:23 am »
That was actually my 12 year old daughter writing. :) She didn't realize the date. :) We hope Angus is fully recovered & feeling great! :)
Yes, everything went smooth, he has recovered fully and is back to his energetic self.

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 05:57:13 pm »
We're glad to hear that. :)
Amy Lynn