Author Topic: Greta - June '05 Champion (Queen)  (Read 2984 times)

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Greta - June '05 Champion (Queen)
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:12:54 pm »
Full Name:  Chakravarty's Greta.

Breed: Rottweiler from Cedar Acre Kennels (Kent, WA) born of an American bitch & Dutch sire.

Born: September 1, 1997.

Winning Outfit:  Greta's outfit was chosen at random from a number of knick-knacks we have lying around.  The wig was originally used for a Marxist tea party, worn by a teenaged-boy who attended the tea party as Jenny Marx, the daughter of Karl Marx - famous for writing "The Communist Manifesto".  Originally, the wig was in braids, but we decided it was more elegant to comb them out.  We have a room in the house that features a lot of gold, including a high-backed chair covered by a tapestry.  We borrowed a pearl necklace from the jewelry box and my sister put one of her summer bustier tops on Greta.  Then, we threw back the curtains, and voila!  with a Panasonic DV-video camera with digital snapshot capability and proper lighting filtering from an open window, we caught Greta in one of her finer moments.

Greta's Best Traits:  Greta is extremely intelligent.  She understands complete sentences and learns new things immediately, usually on the first or second try.  She is hilarious about the television and is known to watch an entire movie attentively.  She is a Canine Good Citizen and she is willing to sit and lie down on command from a great distance.  

Greta's Worst Traits:  As she grows older, Greta is more and more dog aggressive.  This is her worst trait.  When she was about two years old her worst trait was digging up truffles (cat turds) in the back yard, which caused her to develop acne on her chin, but we have that problem no longer.  In addition, the only other thing about Greta that is "bad" is her health, but we cannot complain too much --- because, miraculously she has triumphed over death many times.

Best Liked/Least liked food/treat:  Oh, Greta likes every kind of food --- just about.  Her ultimate favorite is the fresh-cooked fish that she sees us catch.  

Least liked food:  Cheese gives her bloat, though she would love to have it, and she does not care for jello or root beer.

Favorite toy: Greta's favorite toy of all time was a bright orange, soft squeaky bone from Old Navy.  Even though it was a softer rubber toy, it lasted several years.  She would carry it around and "fondle" it lovingly.

Favorite place to hang out in the house:  As with most rotties, alongside her favorite person.

Best friend (dog friend) and why:  Lou is Greta's best dog friend in the whole world.  Lou came to live with us a couple of weeks before Greta did.  They have done everything together, sometimes they even attended classes at the same time.  They swam for the first time together, rode in the car, went camping...and even saved my grandfather's life once...togethe r.

Favorite memory with this dog:  I love all the memories I have with Greta and I hope there will be many more.  She is unique for her interest in still photos of animals, as well as her interest in drawings, such as the charcoal rendition of a black cat that she recently tore to pieces.  But, what I remember best is the evening when I felt so desperate after my grandmother passed away.  The only being on the planet I could fathom spending time alone with was Greta, so we went to a cliff above a park overlooking Puget Sound and sat there, and I put my arm around her.  She leaned against me.  Never have I felt so comforted before in my life.  It was as if she knew.  She sat stock-still providing warmth and the stillness that I needed to quiet the confusion I was feeling.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 06:14:39 pm by moonlitcroatia »
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

lins_saving_grace

Re: Greta - June '05 Champion (Queen)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 06:06:27 am »
Looks like someone out of an old Mae West movie!  :)  What a dog she is!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Re: Greta - June '05 Champion (Queen)
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2005, 11:26:20 pm »
Excellent! I love your profile about Greta. You did a great job!! Congratulation s again.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.