Author Topic: Dog friendly places  (Read 13844 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Dog friendly places
« on: March 20, 2005, 10:40:01 am »
Here are some pics of one of the most dog friendly places in Ca. In Carmel, dogs are welcome anywhere (stores, restaurants, etc). The first pic is at Bear's favorite eatery where he gets giant hamburbers and the second is of a water fountain where dogs can drink. It's called the Fountain of Woof!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline fuzzywzhe

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Re: Dog friendly places
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 04:36:33 pm »
Here are some pics of one of the most dog friendly places in Ca. In Carmel, dogs are welcome anywhere (stores, restaurants, etc). The first pic is at Bear's favorite eatery where he gets giant hamburbers and the second is of a water fountain where dogs can drink. It's called the Fountain of Woof!

Where is that place pictured in Carmel?  I'm in Sunnyvale.  Stoddards was dog friendly, but then they went bankrupt  :'( and the Tied House is just downright hostile toward dogs, and besides, their beer is awful.

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 05:34:50 pm »
The restaurant is The Forge in the Forest-  it's awesome! They have delicious food for people and the dog menu is very affordable! Plus they give the dogs food & water in their own bowl & give out tons of dog cookies!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline mgcsold

• Ankle Biter
  • Zachary Thomas 1 year old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 11:24:59 am »
Over here in New Jersey....it's getting harder and harder to find pet friendly places...
slowely but surely are parks are even starting to stop allowing them....they say it is too much of a risk.  I just want a place to go where my Zach and my daughter Gwen can play together....

We found two places....one is a small park that allows dog on leashes anywhere...the other allows dogs on the path but not near the playgrounds... .so I walk the dog while my husband plays with my daughter....it just doesn't seem fair....Zach and Gwen love to play with eachother....h e even goes down the slide with her...it's too cute...
my dog is my best friend, he listens when no one else will and licks away my tears....you can not lie to your dogs they can see right into your soul, and they will love you no matter what they see there.

Offline Wildlonewolf

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Lucy Sue!!
    • View Profile
    • Windsor Cheapcycle
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 02:39:53 pm »
Windsor ON has two dog parks... (fenced in areas) Where I can let Lucy run like the wind... Also Oakland County MI has a couple of "bark parks" that are not too far away that we'll go to. (they are a couple of acres) However, we do not have any stores/pubs that will allow our dogs to join us... Boy would Lucy love that!!!!  ;D

Over here in New Jersey....it's getting harder and harder to find pet friendly places...
slowely but surely are parks are even starting to stop allowing them....they say it is too much of a risk.  I just want a place to go where my Zach and my daughter Gwen can play together....

We found two places....one is a small park that allows dog on leashes anywhere...the other allows dogs on the path but not near the playgrounds... .so I walk the dog while my husband plays with my daughter....it just doesn't seem fair....Zach and Gwen love to play with eachother....h e even goes down the slide with her...it's too cute...

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 06:21:50 pm »
Yah we're lucky here. We also have 2 dog parks in the city in which we live & have many throughout the state. Bear's favorites are the dog beaches!
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline SaintMommy

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Lucy and Charlie with puppy pal Bosley - 10 months
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 09:21:26 pm »
Sheraton Gateway Hotel near LAX - We have a 144 pound St.Bernard, Cassie she is our baby.  They were wonderful and didn't even give us a second look as we headed up to the ninth floor to our room.  They gave us a pet bed (too small for Cassie) we appreciated the gesture, they gave us a bowl to use a pet mat, and doggie clean up bags.  They really were GREAT!  We have heard that most Starwood properties are pet friendly.  We are excited to know that we can visit most of their properties with our "entire" family.  Good Luck
Thanks much,
Renee & Mark

Offline oso noel

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 10:18:49 pm »
Phoenix, Arizona and surrounding cities such as Scottsdale, Tempe and Chandler have a good number of dog parks. There are also places like Einstein's Bagels and Coffee Plantation that will serve us outside with our puppy. There is even a Boathouse that provides doggy happy hour the first and third Thursday of each month!

Offline jabear

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 10:24:10 pm »
That is cool! Do they allow he dogs to drink alcohol like in that NY bar or is it bring your dog day during happy hour?
Hugs,
Jaime

Offline oso noel

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 10:30:56 pm »
The drink specials are for the humans! How boring huh? They do offer the lots of  bowls of water and treats, cookies and the such for the dogs. Its a boat on the Tempe lake, (man-made) so its quite refreshing. They don't allow the dogs to go swimming though, that would be really neat!

Jen

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2005, 11:44:08 am »
Here the Pocono Mountains of North East PA. We love to take the dogs to The Shawnee Inn.  It is on the banks of The Delaware River just a walk from the Delaware Water Gap.  It has an out door bar & grill adjacent to a picnic area that host rafting and canoeing.  You need to keep your dog on a lead but it's GREAT.  The Inn host regional dog shows so I am pretty sure you can stay overnight but double check. Here are some pictures.

Jen

Re: Dog friendly places Pictures
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2005, 11:52:03 am »
PS- Anita this is only 30 mintues from Morris County NJ.  Go route 80W you can't miss it. It's the 1st exit in PA,after you pay 75 cent toll.  The Balloon fest is a MUST!

jen

Here the Pocono Mountains of North East PA. We love to take the dogs to The Shawnee Inn.  It is on the banks of The Delaware River just a walk from the Delaware Water Gap.  It has an out door bar & grill adjacent to a picnic area that host rafting and canoeing.  You need to keep your dog on a lead but it's GREAT.  The Inn host regional dog shows so I am pretty sure you can stay overnight but double check. Here are some pictures.

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2005, 01:02:54 pm »
Jabear - those pics of you and Bear are just LOVELY! that place looks really wonderfu..
Jen - your place that you put pics up of is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Wow!
Everyone posting here, don't take any of these places for granted. Here in SW Oklahoma, there isn't even a SINGLE dog park, let alone any dog-friendly business. You guys are so lucky.  :'(

Offline Malishiku

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
    • Airreyalis - Malinois & Shikoku
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2005, 01:19:25 am »
There's a place in in Pasadena, CA called the "Three Dog Bakery". I've never actually been there but I saw it on the TV and this place is totally awesome! I'm sooooo taking my dog there someday! This place is like taking a child to a Toy store...so you can image how your dog is going to react.

A little warning...the treats at this bakery look so good even you'd want to try it! Remember that it's dog food and not human food if you ever get the chance to go there.

Actually...Los Angeles has a lot of great Dog Friendly Places...a lot of them are just for dogs though.

I'm definitely going to check out that place in Carmel when I get the chance to go up there.

Now...if you lived in Germany, you'd be in heaven for sure because dogs are allowed everywhere! They don't even need to be certified (and they get to ride the bus and train for free). I'm going to go back there when I get my puppy and he or she is at least a year of age. In fact...maybe I should just move there! lol.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2005, 01:21:02 am by Silverstorm »
=(^ - ^)= / ) Corina A. Gonzalez
www.airreyalis .com
Belgian Malinois & Shikoku Ken

Jen

Re: Thanks for the info Jen
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2005, 12:33:12 pm »
Hi Anita, ;D

I grew up in Bergen County, my couisins are from White Meadow Lake in your neck of the woods.  We are also an LBI family! We have had houses in Loveladys, Barnaget, Brant, and Beach Haven.  I was a lifegaurd on the skelaton crew at 17th street in Ship Bottom!  Now that I am married and raising a family we moved just over the state line in PA.  The picture of the Balloon fest shows our first house if you look really really really close! We have since built a new home a few more miles west,  we wanted more property for the kids and dogs, now we have an acre of cleared green lawn!  Yeah you could have a couple of football games in our yard now. To some people that might not seem like alot of yard but to this Bergen County girl thats a whole lotta lawn to mow!  We don't have our Newf yet, we have made arragments to "retire" a show dog.  She recently had a litter so she has been very busy in the whelping bed wse are picking her uo this Saturday FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D I am going to in the pics for your fur kids. WBS- oh I haven't heard back from Tad in a while, I saw your quick question but I'd be surprised if there is quick answer.

Jen ;D

Hi Jen!    :)

Thanks for the info!  Greatly appreciate it!  We have 3 Newfies, two 2 yr. olds and an 8 month old half brother. I put a picture of the three of them on the web site here, I think it's in the Puppy pictures anyone post.   I am sure they would love an outing like that.  You're right, it's not far at all from  here.  Where do you guys live in NJ?  Morris County too?   So you have one Newfie and one Great Pyr?  Great Pyr's are beautiful too.  I don't think I have ever met one in person though.  I am sure they are gorgeous in person too.

Thanks again for the info.

Anita from NJ