Author Topic: Samson is a butt nipper...  (Read 2669 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Samson is a butt nipper...
« on: June 20, 2005, 10:09:20 pm »
I am SSSOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO irritated with Samson right now!...My inlaws are here & I am constantly watching their backs because I Samson keeps running up behind them like he is going to bite them in the butt...He has actually done this twice...Once to the neighbor guy who we are friends with & Samson likes & once to my 8 yr. old son...I don't mean a vicious bite but a nip all the same...This does not make for a relaxing time for me & I am getting very irritated with him...Why is he doing this & what can I do to make him stop?...He doesn't warm up to people easily & that's fine but I can't have him acting like that!

lins_saving_grace

Re: Samson is a butt nipper...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 05:34:03 am »
Lady is a butt stuffer...for the lack of a better word.  She likes to run up behind me and just shove her nose up there as far as possible untiil you jump and spin and say Stop It.  She's a goof ball. 
But add the teeth and it can sting.
I wonder if the same principle works as with other biting...grab his nose and squeeze and say no.  That's how we broke both of ours with general nipping.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 08:02:11 am »
Sounds like Samson is ready for the guest to leave.   ;D
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 08:07:37 am »
If it were my EX mother in law I would let Lady do it all day. :) 
Bad Lin...bad Lin.   :o

Offline coonie1970

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 08:07:54 am »
Judge does the same thing. LOL But he only does it when my hubby is play fighting with the kids. I dont say anything cause he is just protecting them. He used to nip at the kids quite often when they ran around but we have him broke of that. A stern "NO!!" worked great.
Hope you can get him to stop Gypsy. You are supposed to be enjoying having your hubby home. Good luck.
Coonie
Karen :) Image hosting by Photobucket

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 08:54:11 am »
Ty for lightening things up guys!!..I was so frustrated last night that in my mind I had Samson an unmanagable, vicious dog that would have to be put down someday. :-\  It's amazing what a couple of drinks, a good nights sleep, & some lighthearted stories & comments from friends can do for ones mind set...lol...I do know I need to stop yelling when he does this...I am just frustrated to the point of yelling instead of taking firm action with him...Same with the kids...The good news is that my hubby starts a new job in 3 weeks where he will be home everyday with weekends off...For over 2 yrs. he's been gone 5 & sometimes 6 days a week driving semi...It will be nice to have some backup here...The past 3 or 4 months I haven't felt like I've had any down time with him gone so much...Put a fork in me I'm done!!!!...lol!