Author Topic: Anyone use this bed?  (Read 3364 times)

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
Anyone use this bed?
« on: September 22, 2006, 09:18:55 am »
Hi,

Just wondering if this can hold a Newfie??  the Coolaroo  ;D

http://www.comforthouse.com/serger1034.html

The price is so cheap but I like the idea of airflow under the big boy to keep him cool at $24.00 it seems to good to be true
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:20:07 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

k2campbell

Re: Anyone use this bed?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 09:40:03 am »
Hi,

We bought a similar one for Kate, wasn't the Coolaroo brand though.  Paid $80 for it.  Was the largest one made, said to hold up to 150 lbs.  Got it when Kate was just a pup, made it until she turned 1 yr old - then broke.  She is about 110 lbs.  The fabric never sagged though - it was the piping in the end that wore out.

She really did love her bed, wish we could find another that holds out better. Don't know if this helps or not, let me know if you get it though (and if it's tough) ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:43:20 am by k2campbell »

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 01:36:20 pm »
We use the cooleroo beds for each of our mastiffs, including Imani, who is 210 lbs right now.  We have even had TWO on one bed with no issues, other than the one who was on it first complaining about being squooshed!

Weedsport, NY

Icerotti

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 01:39:31 pm »
We have one for Puck. When I bought it he was 136 pounds. Farley and Rosie lay together sometimes on it. I reallly like it. I have sat on it with Puck and it held up :o It dries really fast if it gets wet. We have it outside right now. He really likes it. I really liked the price ;)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:40:39 pm by Icerotti »

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 02:37:15 pm »
We bought one for Zoey - she won't sit on it because it absolutely terrifies her. I think it's that her paws move down a bit when she steps on it that freaks her out so much
RIP former BPO

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 06:49:36 am »
Hi,

Winslow is at about 135 now at 1 yw=ear old. I may give it a try.I'll let you know how it goes. It certainly is in expensive enough if it fails I spend more on toys that are ruined in day.

Rich
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 06:50:02 am by Winslow 151 »
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 08:21:27 am »
Those are neat! :) I'd love to hear how it works out for your Newfie. :)
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn

Offline Imani's Mom

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
    • My Chinchilla Page
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 11:23:05 am »
Now that I have a minute to sit down, I will tell you what I did with them.  The girls were a bit iffy about getting on them at first, I think the rough fabric bothered them, but also, as someone else said, it stretches a bit when weight is put on it.  What I did was make foam mattresses for each, with a nice cover, with a zipper so the covers could be easily washed, and stitched elastic loops on each corner to fasten them to the beds, and they *LOVE* them.

Weedsport, NY