Author Topic: Laika "started"  (Read 11008 times)

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Laika "started"
« on: September 22, 2006, 04:33:08 pm »
Well, tonight Laika "started". We came home and found some lovely red spots on my white(ish) carpet, which I'm obviously thrilled about. I think it really gives the place that "homey" feel I've been going for. Unfortunately, it was after 9, so we couldn't go to PetSmart and get some Fancy Pants, so I improvised. Here's a little tidbit I'm sure you guys want to know: Laika and I wear the same size underwear! I'm not quite sure how I feel about that... Anywho, she's pretty upset about the whole ordeal. I can't say I blame her, us ladies all remember how horrible the first one was. Her unhappiness makes for some really cute pictures though, and I was never one to pass up exploitation of others, so I figured I'd share some of her sorrow with everyone! Enjoy!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 04:36:16 pm by glorified_chew_toy »
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Re: Laika "started"
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 04:37:10 pm »

Hopefully it works this time and you guys get to see her glare...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 04:44:55 pm by glorified_chew_toy »
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 04:40:06 pm »
It's all right Laika....unfor tunately all mom's like to embarass their children, we've all been there.

Oh...and Laika's mom.....I SEE YOUR PANTIES!!! :o :P

does suck about the carpet though.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 04:58:06 pm »
Hahaha...Darn! I thought everyone would forget that they're my panties!!

And don't worry about the carpet...I have a steam cleaner :)

Offline 4DoggieMom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 03:05:49 am »
Awww poor girl, but that look on her face is just priceless!  ;D  Too dang funny about the panties!!!
Proud Dog Mom to:
"Finnegan" Wewinagin CGC RN - Newfie
h*ll on Wheels "Hexi" - Lab/Dal
P&R's Finest "Cadbury" Chocolate - Rat Terror

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 04:03:03 am »
So far today she hasn't really minded them. It's still really funny to see her walking around with them, though.

I do have a question, though. How much does she..um...blee d? Because so far, there have been the spots on the carpet and in her crate from last night, but that's it. Does it get worse?

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 04:28:29 am »
Haha.. She looks sooo impressed. :D I've never had a dog in heat before so I'm no help there.

Lola is our first female.. and I'm so not looking forward to her going into heat. I'm actually still debating on whether I want spay her before or not. My vet recommends waiting. I just don't know if I want to deal with the mess, or risk it since Bubba isn't neutered yet.

How old is Laika? For some reason I thought our giant breed females didn't go into heat until later on. What's the usual age?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2006, 04:29:23 am by Lyn »

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 05:29:38 am »
Laika's 9 months old. We totally thought she'd take longer to go into heat, not just because of her being a giant breed, but because of her spinal infection stuff.

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 06:37:54 am »
My chara was 10mths for her first heat and she is a big girl to LOL

Her first heat will be less than the next heat.  Chara was VERY clean and I had minimal blood in the house, maybe a dot here or there so I didnt need to keep boxers on her...
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 06:41:32 am »
Haha...okay... it looks like I spoke too soon. Her "flow" isn't very light now!!! Hopefully before she goes into her next heat this whole diskospondylit is will be taken care of and we can get her spayed.

Offline MommaBear

• Paw-meister
  • baby bear
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2006, 08:33:37 am »
Poor Laika! Poor you! Hope things have slowed/stop by now. We luckily had Bear spayed before her first heat

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2006, 01:18:30 pm »
I love the facial expression on the pictures!!   Very innovative idea since petco was closed!!

Laika hope you have an easy time of it!!

Offline Bella's mom

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2006, 07:35:25 pm »
Poor baby!  I sooo feel for her.  The only female that I had that went into heat was a mini schnauzer.  You barely knew that she was in heat.  Hardly more than a few spots, but I don't think that she was "normal" according to other stories that I've heard.
I had Bella spayed at 5 months, when the vet approved.  Some may disagree with that early, but my vet said there was no logical reason to wait.  I know growth issues have been discussed, but I don't think that it has affected Bella's growth at all.
Tessie - Belladonna's and Mojo's Mom