Author Topic: My gaurdians & their bunny ( :  (Read 5275 times)

Gypsy Jazmine

My gaurdians & their bunny ( :
« on: September 24, 2006, 03:33:45 am »
I make sure that Pippin gets gaurdian time with his bunnies a few times a week...Last night we added Sheba to the mix...All did well except when Sheba got a little too sniffy with Jack Bunny, then Pippin gave her a definite BACK OFF!!...We don't allow Sam with Pippin anywhere near the bunnies...That is always a fight...Sam has really shown little interest in gaurding anything but the doors in the house & the babygate so Sam's fine with this.

edited to add I LOVE the 3rd & 4th pic...It looks like Pippin is saying, "O.k..That's MY bunny Sheba but you can sniff it a little...JUST a little!" :D
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 03:38:38 am by Gypsy Jazmine »

Luvmydanes

Re: My gaurdians & their bunny ( :
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 03:36:39 am »
How sweet!!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 04:00:50 am »
Cool, Pippin and Sheba both guard the bunnies. 
« Last Edit: September 24, 2006, 04:01:12 am by DixieSugarBear »
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 04:05:09 am »
Cool, Pippin and Sheba both guard the bunnies. 
It is cool!...I already had the bunnies when I got Samson in '04 but I found that the dogs love to gaurd no matter what they are gaurding so it worked out well...I've been researching both poultry & mini & pygmy breeds of goats for the dogs to gaurd but I am holding back...There are some issues that I am not sure I can deal with (neighbors, barking, etc.) if I choose to get actual livestock...So, for now, the bunnies, kittens & guinea pig seem to appease them. :)

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2006, 04:48:41 am »
That's so cool! I've been begging for a bunny but Justin won't let me :(
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline BlackGreatF

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 05:39:31 am »
That is LUNCH!!

Offline tanimara

• Big Paw Certified
  • Tanimara's Spirit Warrior "Warrior"
    • View Profile
    • Tanimara Great Pyrenees
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2006, 05:54:07 am »
And that is what is so amazing.  That an actual Predator protecting a prey animal!  Pippin has taken on the teaching role for Sheba already.  That's the sign of a good guardian for sure.

Jackie
Jackie Wood
Owner/Breeder Tanimara Great Pyrenees

"A people without a history is like wind on the buffalo grass"
Crazy Horse - Oglala Sioux

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2006, 06:19:52 am »
And that is what is so amazing.  That an actual Predator protecting a prey animal!  Pippin has taken on the teaching role for Sheba already.  That's the sign of a good guardian for sure.

Jackie
I know!...That is what is so neat about Pippin!...& Sheba was VERY interested in the bunnies & more in a yum..lunch way!...lol!...Pippin let her know right away "THAT is NOT cool with me"!!...She is doing well now but will still take apart a squirrel in the yard if she can as will Pippin...It is amazing how he can tell the diffence between our prey animals & the ones outside. ;D

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2006, 07:22:23 am »
Those pics are so cute!  Esp the 3rd and 4th.  You can almost read the message on Pippin's face - you make a wrong move and I'll kick your furry little butt.  Then it is like they are both giving the bunny a good sniff to make sure it is ok.  Very sweet!  Gotta love the LGD at work!
Daphne

Kiahpyr

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2006, 02:11:25 pm »
Pippin's such a good big brother! Those pics are so adorable! Kitana would have had her some lunch. LOL!

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2006, 02:34:47 pm »
That is a very sweet brother! I was waiting on more pics of Sheba. She is a doll.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2006, 03:03:24 am »
awww Chelle - that is so cool. I love how Pippin' is teaching Sheba the "rights" and "wrongs" to guarding... And love that Sam is the guarder of the house doors! I just love all your babies!