Author Topic: Champ is fine.. THANK GOD  (Read 3272 times)

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Champ is fine.. THANK GOD
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:13:22 pm »
All our prayers have been answered, Champie is going to be fine.  We still do not know what he ate,we think it may have been something he ate in the compost pile, he is notorious for eating everything and anything.  I don't think he would have made it if we didn't get him to the vet when we did.  He was quite tired today and he stayed in most of the day to rest.

Thanks to all who said prayers for my Champie, it also made me feel better.  That was sooo scary I can't even put it into words, I just thank god that he is OK and that Ace didn't lose his bestest friend.  Thanks again to everyone, you guys are great ;D

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Champ is fine.. THANK GOD
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 04:21:49 pm »
Thanks a lot guys , it means a lot to me :)  I am so happy now ;D

Offline doxie3dolls

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 12:40:50 pm »
Hi,
Just wanted to add my congrats too.  I'm new here but I've been following Champs story.  I am so glad he's going to be ok.  Give him a hug for me!

When he gets totally recovered, you might try putting him on Ester C for his arthritis.  It works great!  Not regular vitamin C but Ester C.  It doesn't have the acid in it so it's easy on their stomachs.  I started Bear (100 lb rottie, 14 yr old) on 2000 mg a day.  Just within a few days I noticed a big difference.  I've since cut him down to 1000 mg. a day.   I do know it works on people too.  I've got my 17 yr old daughter on it.  She's got arthritis in both her knees.  When she starts complaining they're hurting, I ask if she's taking it and she'll give me this sheepish look and say no.  I'll start her back on them and she'll notice a difference in a couple of days.

Again, congrats to Champ for doing better!

God Bless.
Kathy

Skinner's Senior Rescue
Sallisaw, OK
Open your heart and your home to a Senior Dog!!

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 03:09:03 am »
Thanks again for all the good wishes to my dear Champy, he thanks all of you personally ;D

Offline lil_princess724

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 01:19:17 pm »
yippie champie. we knew you could do it. God bless :)
Cassandra
        Bailey's mom

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 04:57:51 pm »
I am so happy & relieved that Champ is o.k.!...That was so scary!...I can't imagine how you must have felt.