Author Topic: anyone else's dog do this?  (Read 9020 times)

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
anyone else's dog do this?
« on: September 27, 2006, 10:27:35 am »
does anyone elses dog sit like this...i think its too funny!!
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: anyone else's dog do this?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 11:14:37 am »
YUP :D
Dozer does that in the back seat of the Explorer. Then his head is right between the front seats
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 11:51:08 am »
Kali does it all the time.  She even comes over and will plop her butt in our laps and watch TV that way.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 11:53:46 am »
In my Avatar, Jake has just backed up and plopped his back end on the couch. He has been doing that since he was about 6 months old and it still makes us laugh.

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 12:03:44 pm »
LOL Yup Bubba does that all the time. He sits on the kitchen chairs and our laps like that too.. :D

mjjensen

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 12:07:47 pm »
That's too cute! Max does that also. This is a picture from yesterday at the hotel.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 03:09:10 pm »
Bear does it in the truck all the time.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 03:56:26 pm »
My big girls do that too! ...and I'll let you guys in on a little secret... Mika wants to be close by all the time, and if I leave the bathroom door open, she will sit on my lap. She just thinks it's the same as if I'm sitting on the couch!   ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D :o :o  :-\ :-\ ;D :D :D
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

cricket36580

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 03:12:33 am »
Yep.  Bella's favorite stance.  I tell friends that if she deems you worthy, she will sit on you.  She doesn't do it all of the time.  And mine think the toilet is a chair too.  Sometimes I get both of them...One for each leg.  Makes it interesting getting up...   ;D

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 03:15:51 am »
LOL!...Only Samson does that here...He sits on the couch & your lap like that...Also in our mini van...He races & fights my daughter for the bucket seat behind the drivers seat...lol!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 06:58:47 am »
Of all the dogs we've had, only Eider, Jesse and Brant did it.  In my meager experience, it is the dogs who are convinced they are not dogs who seem to do it.   ::) :D

A bit of a tangent, but what is it about the bathroom??  What is so darned exciting in there that they need to follow you in there EVERY TIME!  They don't follow my DH in there.  He can do his business in peace.  Eider and Jesse BOTH have to follow me in there and it isn't a very big room!  This is the first time in almost 18 yrs in this house that we've had a bathroom downstairs.  I'm not used to a constant audience.

While we're on the topic of wierd things dogs do, do any of you have to let the dog out to get a drink of water?  We have a full, clean water bowl in the house but they much prefer to drink out of the one outside.  They'll stand at the door to go out, get a drink, then want to come back in.  I stuck a bowl outside when Carter was up here for so long this summer.  I'm hoping they'll drop the bad habit once the water turns to ice out there  :o 
Daphne

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 12:46:29 pm »

While we're on the topic of wierd things dogs do, do any of you have to let the dog out to get a drink of water?  We have a full, clean water bowl in the house but they much prefer to drink out of the one outside.  They'll stand at the door to go out, get a drink, then want to come back in.  I stuck a bowl outside when Carter was up here for so long this summer.  I'm hoping they'll drop the bad habit once the water turns to ice out there  :o 

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 12:54:23 pm »

oops!...here's my reply:
Mika loves the water out of the bathroom sink.  The girls have a water "thingy" attached to the faucet outside, but she will go out of her way to come into the house and stand in front of the bathroom sink until we turn it on.  She's such a princess. ;D

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 01:52:27 pm »
LOL...

You know that you are a big paw owner when you tell your dog to "sit" and they back up until they find a place to sit that is NOT the floor.

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 01:58:00 pm »
My niece Athena (brothers Dane) likes to sit like that too, only sometimes my lap is in that way  ::) so she ends up in my lap. It's cute. But she is pretty heavy!

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)