Author Topic: anyone else's dog do this?  (Read 8976 times)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: anyone else's dog do this?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2006, 02:24:30 pm »

A bit of a tangent, but what is it about the bathroom??  What is so darned exciting in there that they need to follow you in there EVERY TIME!  They don't follow my DH in there.  He can do his business in peace.  Eider and Jesse BOTH have to follow me in there and it isn't a very big room!  This is the first time in almost 18 yrs in this house that we've had a bathroom downstairs.  I'm not used to a constant audience.

Here's my take on this question.  It's because you are a captive audience.  There is really nothing that you can do in that time to distract you from worshipping them.  At least that's what mine think.  That and Kaila has figured out how to open the shower door and will try and climb in the shower with you.  She also has to crawl into the tub after I take a bath to make sure the water is going down the drain correctly or that nothing is climbing up through the drain.  I will say that I haven't had any of mine try and sit on me and I break the climb in my lap habit really quick in the bathroom. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2006, 02:31:03 pm »
Hahaha Laika drives me nuts about the bathroom too! I've finally gotten her to quit following me in and putting her head on my lap, thank goodness!!! Here's a trick I bet you guys have never heard of before! If I'm in the bathroom and Laika starts to walk in, if I say "Laika, mommy's pooping!" She backs out and sits at the door peeking in! So now I just always say that!

She also loves to take a shower with me. Unfortunately, she's gotten too big for us both to fit in there!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 03:50:15 am »
Sam does the couch sitting thing.  He sits on the steps with his back end up two stairs from his feet as well. 

Cosmo and Sam have a contest to see if they can both fit in the bathroom (watercloset) with me.  I love that the kids are past that, but the dogs aren't!!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 08:12:38 am »
Well we get a bit of all of that here at my house- Jake loves to back up and sit on the couch- all of my non big dog friends think that it the most unique thing ever. Also in the mornings, after I get out of the shower, Bailey and Bella are in the shower- also Bella has now discovered that she can get a drink out of the fish tank. UGH This has got to stop.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 08:15:39 am »
I'll never understand the fascination with the bathroom. Bear must go in with me because if I don't let him in he'll paw at the door until I let him in. :D Silly boy.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 05:54:17 am »
Teddy does the couch-sitting thing too, but last night was a new one!!  LOL!  He was standing on his back legs with his front legs folded up underneath him on the big bay window seat.  He was laying down with the front and standing with his rear.  What a dog!  LOL!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 06:49:30 am »
Mika does something similar... she'll "lay" across the back of the couch w/a back foot resting on the sitting area of the couch.  Or she'll do just the opposite and leave her front feet on the couch w/a rear leg over the back of the couch and her rear resting up on the back.  Silly girl :D, anything for attention.
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005

Offline Goldensaint

• Gnawer
  • Sierra and Cujo
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 09:16:49 pm »
Sierra does the same thing, but she doesnt do it for long she gets irritable..She also takes her head and lays it on the coffee table and falls asleep sitting up. :P :)
Its not a good day without a wet nose in your face when you wake up and drool on your pillow when you go to sleep.~~~~Tina

Roxie-Golden Retriever
Angel-Jack Russell Terrier
Sierra-Saint Bernard
Cujo- Saint Bernard
Diablo-kitty him/mix
Hemi- kitty- him/mix
Tony- kitty- siamese/mix

Offline amylynn

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 09:09:06 am »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I am cracking up and feeling better that I am not the only one with a dog that HAS to be in the bathroom with me! :) Cooper ALWAYS has to come in with me. One day, I got a little fed up because it is a tiny room and there just isn't much space in there. I said, "Coop...do you mind? Give me some privacy." I kid you not, he turned around and sat down right in front of me with his back to me!  ;D I had to laugh! They can be so human sometimes! Don't you just love dogs?!?  :D
Blessings! :)
Amy Lynn