Author Topic: Need serious help  (Read 1802 times)

Offline aquariusf87

• Gnawer
  • Naiya
    • View Profile
Need serious help
« on: September 27, 2006, 02:48:20 pm »
I posted about a week ago about my 4 month old puppy and her biting problem and learining how to crate train and barking.. LIke I said before I know its normal for her to nibble and bark but its starting to get really bad and she doesnt take me serious when I tell her no she just looks at me and keeps doing it.. I tried spraying waters bottles, a firm No/stop , a newspaper rolled up, ignoring her if you bites again after the first no, and even yipping like a mother dog and walking away.. Im not giving up on her becasue i would never do that but she is the only puppy I ever had to give me this much trouble... she gets her raibes shot this week, someone told me it might also calm her down a lil bit. Will it? If she hangs around more dogs will she calm down a little? any thing eles I can do for barking  and biting but mainly biting.I want to put her in training classes at pet smart but I dont think they help biting problems...Ple ase help!!!
*INKIE*

kristi

Re: Need serious help
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 02:55:16 pm »
I'm not so sure about the rabies shot calming her down...
The training classes are a great idea!
Puppy Preschool at Petsmart is a very good program & also reasonably priced.  They will be able to instruct you on all kinds of training aids!  I had 2 dogs "graduate" from it & was pleased witht he results.  ;)
-k.

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Need serious help
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 03:00:02 pm »
she gets her raibes shot this week, someone told me it might also calm her down a lil bit. Will it?>>

Maybe for the day but a vaccine should never change a puppies personality permanently.
If she hangs around more dogs will she calm down a little?>>

The old saying goes... a tired dog is a good dog. So yes playing hard with well mannered, good natured dogs will make her calmer on those days.