Author Topic: Furminator  (Read 5829 times)

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
Furminator
« on: September 28, 2006, 05:20:26 am »
I've been calling around to the local groomers to get the Furminator treatment for Kingsley, and I can't believe the prices! The cheapest I've been quoted is $81! Is this the going rate? In Kansas we paid $25! I'm actually missing Kansas a little bit now!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Luvmydanes

Re: Furminator
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 05:21:48 am »
What is furminator exactly? I've never heard of it before.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 05:25:28 am »
It's a shed treatment thing. They bathe the dog with this stuff that loosens up the undercoat, then blow-dry them, then use the Furminator brushes...they're specially designed to get the dead hairs out of the undercoat.

http://www.furminator.com/
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Luvmydanes

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 05:43:05 am »
Thats really cool! Can you have it done to all dogs, or is it mostly for dogs with longer coats?

Luvmydanes

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 05:46:50 am »
I guess that is why I have never heard of it being that we have danes...lol

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 12:54:56 pm »
Haha...yeah... I already own a furminator...I'm just lazy and want someone else to do it :P Plus, it the blow-dry REALLY helps, and my blow-dryer just doesn't seem to do the trick!

Offline Toly

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 10:37:26 am »
The Furminator will work well on any shedding dogs, long or short coat. Most dogs enjoy it and the Dane should also. Give it a try. I bought the complete kit. Brush, deshedding shampoo, deshedding solution, and treats.
Good luck