Author Topic: Hard boiled eggs?  (Read 5293 times)

Luvmydanes

Hard boiled eggs?
« on: September 29, 2006, 04:14:23 am »
How often can you feed these to your dogs? I mixed a little bit of scrambled eggs into their food yesterday and they loved it, and I've read that some of you feed your dog hard boiled eggs, but how much and how often is it ok to do that? And also, what kinds of vegetables would dogs like?

Luvmydanes

Re: Hard boiled eggs?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 04:40:39 am »
Thank you! :) I'm boiling some right now

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 04:46:15 am »
Hi,

Winslow gets the egg raw, for breakfast with his Canidea shell and all and really enjoys it. He also likes grated cheese on his food strange sometimes I think he eats better than me.

Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Luvmydanes

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 04:50:00 am »
Do any of you feed your dogs veggies? I was kind of curious about that too. I don't think vegetables would hurt a dog, but you never know I guess.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 05:06:50 am »
That list really helps! Thanks Jenn!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 05:14:10 am »
All of our dogs get a hard boiled egg in with their food, shell and all, a few times a week.  I honestly can't think of any reason why feeding eggs frequently would be bad for your dog, unless they have a sensitive stomach and get sick with eggs in general.  The only caution I can think of is to make sure any eggs you boil are eaten within about five days.  Boiling eggs removes the protective layer, so they get icky faster than raw eggs.

I am curious.... why the shells too?

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2006, 05:27:22 am »
We feed Zoey veggies all of the time. She won't eat some plain veggies, so if I give her, say, a green bean, she will taste it and spit it right out. But if I have veggies leftover from dinner that are safe for dogs, she will happily gooble them up. She also loves occasional eggs.
RIP former BPO

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2006, 06:15:18 am »
All of our dogs get a hard boiled egg in with their food, shell and all, a few times a week.  I honestly can't think of any reason why feeding eggs frequently would be bad for your dog, unless they have a sensitive stomach and get sick with eggs in general.  The only caution I can think of is to make sure any eggs you boil are eaten within about five days.  Boiling eggs removes the protective layer, so they get icky faster than raw eggs.

I am curious.... why the shells too?

The shells provide calcium in the diet.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2006, 06:26:55 am »
The Newfs get carrots, parsley, some seeds (sesame, primarily), broccoli, and kale fairly regularly with their food...and it's all cooked together with their meat.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2006, 06:41:12 am »
I fed Goliath some hard boiled eggs in with his food (hubby takes Jasmine to work with him sometimes) and had my youngest feed him and then had my daughter give him some fresh water and it worked well. :) He loved the eggs...