Author Topic: Over 23 inches tall, can I be a Big Paws too?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline shi_ni_ke

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Over 23 inches tall, can I be a Big Paws too?
« on: June 22, 2005, 02:36:57 am »
I see you have all kinds of curly brown dogs and retrievers on this list.. I have officially made the over 23" tall at the shoulder mark.. can I be a Big Dog? I am a 10 month old Irish Water Spaniel puppy. I am a little tall for my breed standards as a female, so I guess that is why there are no other IWS's here. Mom says that the puppy What A Mess.. isn't an afghan hound, he is really an IWS... beware the smiling Irish Eyes.

Does it count that my big sister in the household is a Siberian Husky?
(Got to keep my mommy from looking at the Pyraneese somehow.)

Mom named me after the song "Lily the Pink" by the Irish Rovers. She says I may not be the savior of the entire human race, but I am her little bit of salvation. I am learning to be her Seizure Alert and Response partner.
Lily

Offline traklover

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Over 23 inches tall, can I be a Big Paws too?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 06:50:54 am »
Hi there cousin, I am a curly black dog of about your height, Rica, a Curly Coated Retriever. They say that Curlies, IWS, and Porties are all very closely related, (same or similiar ancestry, so I guess that makes us distant cousins). I suspect the administrators just overlooked your rare breed (hopefully), as most of the retriever breeds are about the same size as you.
And WOW you are to be a true working dog, me my job is just to be sweet and love my mommy.

Rica

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: Over 23 inches tall, can I be a Big Paws too?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 09:17:32 am »
Hi!...My name is Samson & I am getting to be a big boy!...I will be 11 months old tomorrow!...I think I might be on the small side for a Great Pyrenees ( I was 105 lbs. when I was last weighed) & my mommy tells me "grow darn you"!...I am supposed to be what they call a giant breed dog but I don't think I qualify for giant  unless I hit 115 lbs...But, I know my mommy would love me no matter how big I get!...I can reach the dining room table without standing on my tippy toes &  that's good enough for me! ;)  I just wish they'd set me my own place!...My likes are butt nipping, sleeping, & messing up anything my people would like to stay how they left it. (My daddy has sand down for my boy & girls pool & boy did I have fun with that yesterday!)  Today they are putting the pool up & I am almost certain that will be "THE DEVIL."..Just from the sounds of it nothing good could possibly come of it!!!...My dislikes are when my boy & girl go over the baby gates or outside without me!...I'm not allowed to go over the baby gates so I always try to drag them back into the pen!...& I bark really really loud so my mommy knows they are disobeying her orders!..If she doesn't do anything then I run back & forth barking so she notices that they have been naughty & left the allowed area!..I think it's VERY important that mommy knows they are sneaky little rule breakers!..I also dislike my girls plastic shopping cart...It's THE DEVIL, basketballs also THE DEVIL, & anything with a long handle...Yup, THE DEVIL!!!...I am glad you are here at B.P.'s!!!...Have fun!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 09:20:18 am by GYPSY JAZMINE »