Author Topic: YAY for me!!!  (Read 4859 times)

k2campbell

YAY for me!!!
« on: October 02, 2006, 12:03:34 pm »
Oh gosh, I am in disbelief.  I've been working at a certain Engineering firm (oil & gas) for 5+ years.  As much as I do appreciate my job, it is going no where (I'm as far as I can go there career-wise), and the politics are just too much to handle.  Yes, every company has politics but the one I work at is a "boys club" if you know what I mean (if you don't have a "willy", you're not going to get too far)... :P 

My best friend from work left about a 2 years ago when a major competitor approached her.  Well - guess who they approached a few weeks ago?!  ME!!!  She of course referred me, but the guy that approached me (who is going to be my boss) actually worked for the same company I'm with now (a while back).  He actually left just when I was starting out.  He's a really nice guy.  There were a few weeks of back-and-forth conversations, emails and meetings - but I got the offer on Friday, and it's good!  YAY!!! ;D   

I think accepting this position is going to change a lot within my life.  Firstly, it's located closer to home (my current job is an hour drive, new one will be a half hour drive)  I'm up at 5:30am to be at work, now I'll get to sleep until 6:15am.  The office is just beautiful (I didn't think this really mattered much until I was there and it's SUCH a change).  It is a relaxed atmosphere - which I certainly could use right about now.  And I'll be getting lots of support - something I'm not used to within my current position (I'm about 2 months behind on my work right now)  :-\   Best of all this company is growing VERY fast within Western Canada, so I'm getting on-board at the perfect time :) 

I accepted the job today, and gave my notice. I will be sad to leave as I've made lots of great friends there, and will miss some people a lot.  But, I just couldn't pass this up.  I'm hoping (please keep your fingers crossed for me) that they'll boot me out within the next few days, then I'll have a bit of a paid vacation before starting at the new place.  They've done that (walked the employee out after giving notice, and not made the employee work the 2 weeks) for a few people that have gone to work for a competitor.  It would be SO NICE if they did that to me too!!!  Please send positive thoughts - I sure could use a bit of a break in between! ;)

AND...it looks as though I will be going for some training in Burlington, Ontario for the new position.  If any BPO'ers live there (or even close), maybe we could meet-up!  Of course Kate won't be with me, but it would still be fun to meet your puppers and hang out!!!  I should know when I'll be going within a few weeks ;) 

Anywho (I'm getting a little long-winded here!) but just had to share this with you all  ;D

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
Re: YAY for me!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 12:13:54 pm »
That is SUCH fantastic news!!  What a great change!  There's nothing like changing offices/jobs/bosses to give you a new outlook on life!  AND going in later means an extra hour to cuddle with Kate.  What could be better than that??

Truly, CONGRATS!!! yea FOR YOU!!!

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 01:24:07 pm »
Yea for you!  Congratulation s!

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 01:28:05 pm »
Congrats!!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline Thelma

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 01:53:44 pm »
Congrats! great news! ;D ;D ;D
~Thelma & Karl~
~Duke~Zoe~Toby~Spencer

~Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well-preserved body..but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out ....shouting.. . WOW!
What a Ride!!!~

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 01:56:58 pm »
Congrats! :)
RIP former BPO

Kiahpyr

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 02:14:12 pm »
That's so wonderful!! Congrats!!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 02:17:56 pm »
I am truely happy for you!...I can feel your excitment & that's great!...CONGRATS!!!

k2campbell

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 04:08:41 pm »
Thanks so much everybody!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 01:21:53 am »
How wonderful!!!  Its fantastic that something better has come along.  I'm sure you will be very happy in your new position!

I'm in Ontario, but still about 2.5 hrs away from Burlington.  Sorry!
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 02:10:32 am »
Yayyyyyy Kelly - that is awesome news! Congratulation s!

k2campbell

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 01:04:58 pm »
Thanks guys!!!  And guess what...

I was asked to leave today as hoped, so I get a bit of a paid vacation in between YIPEEEE!!! ;D ;D ;D

I was sad leaving though :'( but I know the new job will be great  :)

Thanks for all the thoughts! ;)

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 01:15:10 pm »
Congratulation s!  You sound very happy and it's great to have some vaca between jobs!  Have fun and good luck!
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline cosmosmama

• Big Paw Certified
  • Handsome Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 01:25:29 pm »
Funny to be so excited about being ask to leave.  Hehehe!!  Congrats on the job and the vacation.  Sounds like everything fell into place perfectly!!
Krista, Cosmo (Goofus), Sadie (THE BOSS) and Sammie (Sweet Boy)
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
                                                Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 03:23:41 pm »
Congrats on the new job and being asked to leave so you get a break.  I'm so happy for you.  Good luck with the new job too. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience