Mountain Dogs > Caucasian Mountain Dog Discussions & Pictures

Caucasion Mountain Dog

<< < (2/4) > >>

chaosndestruction:
Oh boy babs! Zero looks crazy scary!!! Remind me if I ever come over to be on MY best behaviour!!!!

I don't have any input on Caucasions... but I do know that babs knows a lot about them;)

horsepoor21:
Wow , I can't believe the power in Zero ! Babs , in the last picture , did his harness brake or is it just hidden in his fur ?

Saint and Mal mom:
Those pictures of Zero are impressive, I have to say. I just want to say to this person asking about Ovcharkas, I don't own one and probably never will, not that I don't think they're beautiful! But I don't think I would be a good person to own one. And if not in the hands of the right person, any dog can pick up bad habits. But I wanted to say thank you for choosing to research this breed before getting one! That shows some responsibility on your part.

Secondly, I would like to say to some of the members on this board, please don't jump too much on this. It seems, (just in my opinion!) that you guys are making a big deal about this dog not being an indoor dog. I don't think dogs should be chained up in a little corner of the backyard either, but don't attribute an owner who has outdoor dogs as someone who does not love them. My two are mostly outdoors. Probably 90% of the time. Just because they like being outside and we don't have a big enough house by far for 2 big dogs, 2 cats, and 3 people to be inside all at once. The dogs come in sometimes for a treat or break from hot weather and then go out after a few hours. And I don't trust our 2 in the house half the time! They still misbehave like puppies! So just because this person may choose for this dog to be outside doesn't mean they are a bad owner. But it's wrong to ignore the dog simply because it's outside as well.

tanimara:
Well said Marissa.

Jackie

Gypsy Jazmine:

--- Quote from: Saint and Mal mom on October 04, 2006, 08:54:36 am ---Those pictures of Zero are impressive, I have to say. I just want to say to this person asking about Ovcharkas, I don't own one and probably never will, not that I don't think they're beautiful! But I don't think I would be a good person to own one. And if not in the hands of the right person, any dog can pick up bad habits. But I wanted to say thank you for choosing to research this breed before getting one! That shows some responsibility on your part.

Secondly, I would like to say to some of the members on this board, please don't jump too much on this. It seems, (just in my opinion!) that you guys are making a big deal about this dog not being an indoor dog. I don't think dogs should be chained up in a little corner of the backyard either, but don't attribute an owner who has outdoor dogs as someone who does not love them. My two are mostly outdoors. Probably 90% of the time. Just because they like being outside and we don't have a big enough house by far for 2 big dogs, 2 cats, and 3 people to be inside all at once. The dogs come in sometimes for a treat or break from hot weather and then go out after a few hours. And I don't trust our 2 in the house half the time! They still misbehave like puppies! So just because this person may choose for this dog to be outside doesn't mean they are a bad owner. But it's wrong to ignore the dog simply because it's outside as well.

--- End quote ---
I do agree Marissa!...I think the concernlies more in this particular breed of dog & making sure it trained & socialized properly...The y are an extreme dog!...& we know you love your dogs...no doubt!! :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version