Author Topic: Excited peeing?  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Excited peeing?
« on: October 04, 2006, 07:08:28 pm »
Elvis (the dog i am interested in adopting and am meeting Saturday) is 4 months old and seems to be mostly housebroke. only been in foster a week, but foster mom says his only problem is he pees on her foot when he gets too wound up. i don't think it is nerves, just overwhelming excitment. any suggestions?
thanks, Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline bluskygirl

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: Excited peeing?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 07:38:42 pm »
At four months, my Cattle Dog went through this phase. I think it has a lot to do with immaturity and not being able to handle all the excitement of being greeted or praised.  In my case, it stopped all by itself as she grew older and got comfortable with the fact that people came to greet her often.  So, it might be just an age thing.  :)
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 07:39:09 pm by bluskygirl »
Bella- Smooth Coat Saint
Piston- grouchy kitty
Jupiter- Scaredy Cat

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 11:24:58 pm »
Just have to say such a muffin of a puppy!!!!! 
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 01:51:36 am »
Laika still does this :(
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Kiahpyr

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 01:58:37 am »
Kiah did the same thing when she was that age. I recommend when you get home or if anyone comes over don't make a big deal over her or that you're home. Stay calm and she'll calm down too. Another thing is to take her outside right away or before someone comes over to pee. I'm sure she'll out grow it! Can't wait for pics!!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 12:45:27 pm »
Shiner had one incident of this when I had a friend come over and let him out right after we got him.  He was 4 months old at the time.  She said she remembered why you have to take little puppies outside right away because he couldn't hold it when he got really excited.  I take him straight outside as soon as I get home and then we have the meet and greet after they come back inside.  He also has a bigger bladder which helps alot too.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience