Author Topic: Need help finding a home for a hard-to-place St. Bernard!  (Read 2074 times)

Offline levsmom

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Need help finding a home for a hard-to-place St. Bernard!
« on: June 22, 2005, 01:03:31 pm »
 I am fostering a 4 year old St. Bernard that desperatly needs a wonderful home.  He is without a doubt one of the sweetest dogs, with people he knows or with other animals.  The hard-to-place part is his extreme dislike of men. If he doesnt' know you then he is serious about keeping you away from the people he loves.  Though he has never bitten anyone, and I honestly don't know that he would, he certainly barks enough to scare away almost anyone!
He gets along with absolutly every animal I have at my house, however.  I also own a small boarding kennel so he is around many other dogs on a daily basis and he gets along with every one of them.  I have never had a problem with him growling or fighting with any dog, cat or rabbit!  He would do great in a multi animal household with someone who is able to love him unconditionall y. 

Anyone out there who could offer me any ideas of a home for him would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Jaimie

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Need help finding a home for a hard-to-place St. Bernard!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 02:43:59 pm »
He is beautiful, I wish I could take him.  My dog Sasha( dobe/lab) is also scared to death of men, she was abused by one in the past.  I hope you find a home for him soon, I am sure the right person will come along :)

BabsT

Re: Need help finding a home for a hard-to-place St. Bernard!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 03:32:38 pm »
That dogs looks a lot like a moscow watch dog...They are gaining popularity here in the states.  They are used in the Russian military...Sai nt X Caucasian cross...I believe that they are breeding pure...That is why you might have such a strong temp in that dog