Author Topic: I got my Haulty Harnesses today!  (Read 7646 times)

lins_saving_grace

I got my Haulty Harnesses today!
« on: October 06, 2006, 06:38:42 am »
Look out neighbors, small children, and protective parents...Lin Lady and Grace are gonna be out terrorizing the neighborhood tonight!!!! 

I can't wait!  I haven't walked the girls in a month 1/2.  We play in the yard, but they so want to go for a walk!!!  Tonight's the night baby bugs!!!!  They are gonna be so excited!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 07:21:29 am by lins_saving_grace »

EllieAndBlu

Re: I got my Haulty Harnesses today!
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 07:37:15 am »
Yayyyy for all three of you! You ladies are going to command respect and have fun while doing it!  ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 08:59:50 am »
we will command something.  I'm sure all the neighbors are going to be like OH (*#&!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 09:06:27 am »
I think you should put crowns and capes on the girls....  the neighbors should bow to Queen Lady and Princess Grace...lol

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 09:40:23 am »
I think you should put crowns and capes on the girls....  the neighbors should bow to Queen Lady and Princess Grace...lol
you know ... you're right! 

Kiahpyr

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 09:43:51 am »
Let me know how it works. Do you have a picture or website? I'm looking for something for Kiah. I tried a prong, but with all her hair it was a pain to get on and get it tight enough. 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 03:01:07 am »
Let me know how it works. Do you have a picture or website? I'm looking for something for Kiah. I tried a prong, but with all her hair it was a pain to get on and get it tight enough. 
OH MY GOD.  I can't believe it.  They are like different dogs.  I got these at pet smart so i didn't find a website.  I'll look though. 
They are like a muzzle on the face but don't cover the mouth.  they just keep the head straight on stop them from pulling basically.  They are a bit of a pain to put on and this morning I had to readjust them since they got mess up from hanging them on the coat rack over night.  Lady and Grace get real excited when they know it's walk time so the hardest part of putting these on their noses and clipping them around their heads in keeping them still for longer than 2 seconds.  But once you get them on it seems to be ok.  They wiggle enough to get them off their faces and I have to slip them back on.  but once the walk starts they forget to try to wiggle out of them.  I know there are some other types of "haulters" if you don't need the mouth piece.  I saw the Gentle Leader at Pet Smart too.  I didn't get that cuz I need more head control with the girls and their lunging and snarling problem.  Maybe after the training with the halti's I can switch to that.  it looks like more of a body harness. 
I can't believe i waited this long to get these.  The girls walked at my side and Lady has stopped pulling so much.  A dog barks and we don't (can't) turn and bark and fight back.  We haven't encountered any people walking yet, but I hope this does the trick with that problem.  The guy at petsmart said i should use this every day for 4 days since it is a temporary training device ... and after the 2 weeks I should be able to walk them without it depending on how well the girls train and how stubborn they are.  they seem to be responding. 
our first walk with these was trying.  Grace did very well...Lady pulled and walked with her head a little down and to her left with the fur on her face smooshed up into her eye.  Today she didn't do that.  She's learning. 
I'm impressed.  I think I'd reccommend these ... the only complaint i have is their difficulty putting them on and keeping them on until the girls are distracted enough to not focus on them.  I'm concerned that if a person walks by us they could wiggle out of them and we'd have the same problem i'm trying to stop.  We shall see. 

Luvmydanes

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2006, 03:41:57 am »
I was going to say you can also find it on ebay if you type in gentle leader. We had one with one of our dogs years ago, and it really worked well! There was no pulling at all.

Offline specialkdanemom

• Big Paw Certified
  • Sera, Shasta & Mika
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 04:31:41 am »
We started using the Halti head harness for the girls about a month ago.  Sera was a puller and we took walks so seldom because of this.  Now, it is such a pleasure walking them, we walk once, if not twice, a day.  These are great!!!  ...after they get used to them.
Big Dogs...got to love'em!!

Karen, mom to:
Mika (GD)
Sera (GD/Greyhound X)
Shasta (Lab/Newf X)

Appollos (GD) RIP 2001-2005