Author Topic: Update on Studly Dudley  (Read 9467 times)

Nicole

Update on Studly Dudley
« on: October 10, 2006, 02:51:28 am »
We had hoped that we found a great new home for the Dud-man.

(For those of you that don't remember, he is a Flat-coated Retriever mix that dober_gurl has been caring for. He's now in our care)

Anyway, the person that we were SURE was going to take him ended up thinking he was too big. (I'm sure that's laughable for all of you with Giant dogs! hahaa!)

So, last night, my FIL was over. He fell in love, and he would like to have him. He asked me if I will keep him until he retires at the end of this year. I think its a great idea and Mark and I both happily agreed. We routinely allow "gramma and grampa" to have Cabeza for weekends and evenings, so it will just become Cabeza AND Dudley time, and I think that the transition will be smooth when grampa retires.

So, I think Dudley has finally found home, and I couldn't be happier!

Anakalia

Re: Update on Studly Dudley
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 03:04:13 am »
WOW, Milk Dud is so handsome!  I'm so happy you found a home for him, it sounds perfect!   ;D

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 03:14:26 am »
Nicole - that is awesome news! Sounds like a total win-win for Dudley! I applaud you and Megan for taking such good care of that handsome boy!

Luvmydanes

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 03:17:35 am »
Thats so great that he found a home, and you'll still be able to see him! :D

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 03:38:34 am »
heh-heh-heh...Milk Dud. How have I not thought of that one?! That's great.

Thanks, guys. Dober_gurl did such a great job with him. He's housetrained, sits and gives paw, he's just a super sweetie and she gets all the credit for that!

And yeah, we couldn't be happier that he is going to live with grampa. We'll know that he's in a great place, and we'll get to be his primary dog-sitters and get to love on him regularly. Its funny how a couple of the last puppies I've rehomed have been with family. (Remember Eddie?) Its fitting, considering that they are family themselves.

Kirsti

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 04:19:28 am »
That is soo exciting!!

~K

Nicole

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 05:58:22 am »
YAYAYAYYAYYA Dudley I am so happy to hear he has a home! I totally thought you guys were gonna end up keeping him but this perfect! I can't wait to see pics of him with family! And Megan thank you for taking such good care of the Dudmeister!!!  :-*

Well, he will be with us for awhile. Grampa doesn't retire for a little while yet. And, we'll see how easy it will be for Mark to give him up at that point! HA!

But, yeah. Its great either way. Every year, grampa goes into the Canadian wilderness for like, a month. He catches all his own food, and hikes and hangs out with bears and stuff. He's been bugging us to let him take Cabeza for years. And I always tell him, "Don't you need your own dog?" So, now he'll have his own companion to accompany him into the wildnerness.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 06:36:31 am »
That is so awesome!  What a sweet story!  SOunds like they were meant to be together.
Daphne

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 10:12:35 am »
HOORAY Nicole this is freaking awesome, thank you!! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2006, 03:48:24 pm »