Author Topic: Opinions on Innova, please  (Read 2627 times)

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Opinions on Innova, please
« on: October 11, 2006, 06:00:21 am »
I've still got about a month before we bring Boston home, but I just want to be prepared.

The breeder is starting him on Nutro Natural Choice, but I've been hoping to find him food with less grains and more meat/fruit/veggies. Innova looks excellent, based on ingredients, but I read on epinions.com that it is too rich for some dogs. Any thoughts??
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Offline DoberBaby17

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Re: Opinions on Innova, please
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 06:16:26 am »
We're getting a Doberman, so not a giant breed. Do you think Evo may have too much protein for him too? We will probably start him on Innova Large Breed Puppy, but when he is ready for adult food, I was thinking of putting him on Evo. Maybe not, though...I guess we'll have to see how he does on it. Thanks for the review!
Stacy

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain."

Offline Lucah's Folks

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
    • The Lucah Project
Re: Opinions on Innova, please
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 06:31:32 am »
We have Lucah on Innova Large Breed Puppy and we are very happy.  We switched him from Solid Gold Wolf Cup because it seemed the bison was too rich for him.  I have to say there has been a complete turnaround.  His poops are way more solid and smaller.  He has less gas and he has definately put on more weight...in a good way.  I think it is a great food and he enjoys it a lot.

We also like to mix in some extra stuff from time to time.  Like cottage cheese, carrots, apples, eggs...just things to mix it up for the little guy.