Author Topic: FROSTY PAWS!!!  (Read 9351 times)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
FROSTY PAWS!!!
« on: June 22, 2005, 11:55:16 pm »
Ok guys, I know this is a late post, some of you right coasters are probably sawing some serious logs by now. Any way, my wife came across this wonderful product a few months ago while parusing the frozen food section at our local Safeway.  They're called Frosty Paws and I can almost guarantee your dog will LOVE THEM!!  You may already have heard of these and if you have, you know what I'm talking about.  They're basically ice cream for dogs, kinda like the Carnation Malts you get at the Ballpark.  They're made out of soy and have no sugar or additives.  DOGS LOVE THEM!!!  Here are a few shots of Drake and Yogi eating it.  There so cute to watch as they lick away, their big newfie lips wrapped around the cup.  For more info go to:

http://www.frostypawstreats.com/FrostyPaws/
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 09:01:22 am by Newf Lover »
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
Re: FROSTY PAWS!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 12:24:25 am »
Happy now newf. lol...... I am still up, waiting on your new thread haha. no just kidding I am getting a cold and am up sneezing, coughing and feeling like I have a kilo cotton in my sinuses, so I just cant sleep, so I figured I could just aswell have fun with putter.

Wow the dogs look like they love it, they look so good I feel like one too, have you tasted them yourself?? Nice deck you have there too. I think the west coast has a "better" weather I mean it is warm but if I am not totally wrong you dont have the horrible humidity, we hardly every use the deck in the summer, only when up from pool and thats about it.

I will check if we have them around here, I saw you could do that on the site you have here.

Hmmmm I also have a feeling there was a thread not long ago with someone who had made some frozen treats themselves, I may even have printed the recipe out.

Those dogs look like they get along so well, have they known eachother since little or are they just the kind of dogs that get along well with all dogs??

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2005, 01:23:08 am »
Wow, I have never seen doggie treats in the frozen food section.  We don't have Safeway here lilke you have in Novato so I'll have to try our Save Mart, same thing.  It looks like they come in plastic containers, right?
Peggy

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 05:17:46 am »
Tonka loves them also, you can get them at Super Wal-Mart, Food Lion, and Bi-Lo. Pretty much anywhere that sells icecream is sellin them, they are a big hit.

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 07:35:34 am »
Sophie loves frosty paws!!! They're great for cooling her down after a hot day outside.  We just give her the whole cup and she goes and lays down holding it between her paws.   

I actually found the recipe to make them yourself.  It super easy.

2 cups of Vanilla yogurt
1 1/2 cups of water
1 ripe banana
3 heaping tablespoons of peanut butter

throw it all in a blender and mix.  I bought the smallest size of those disposable tupperware containers that you can find at any Target or Walmart.  Poor the mixture and freeze.   Voila! Very cheap and very easy Frosty paws!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 08:08:08 am »
I made some this weekend with just plain yogurt with peanut butter in the center.  Sugar Bear and Dixie had a ball, non-stop licking until they were finished.  I may even mix a little of there food in them for the days they do not want to eat. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 09:00:13 am »
Thanks for the compliments on our deck, but in reality, it's falling apart.  The people we bought our house from painted it to match the house and now after a few changing of the seasons, all the paint is peeling up.  It doesn't help that Drake takes off after Raccoons and his nails rip up the paint.  It's starting to look really bad.  We're going to have to repaint it this summer and probably next summer we'll put in a new deck.  Some of the boards are sketchy to walk on and there was a little dry rot found when we had inspections done before we bought the place.  I want to put in that Iron Wood stuff, the synthetic wood that lasts way longer than the natural stuff.  The view of our garden is great though.  We use it alot now that the weather is nice, it's been in the high 70's and there's zero humidity.  Ahhhhh, California weather.  We BBQ and eat out on the deck all the time.  Did you see the retractable clothes line in one of the pics.  It's great for drying all of Sarah's unmentionalbes for all the pervo voyeur neighbors to see.

Drake and Yogi get along really well because 1) They have known each other for a while and are basically brothers and 2) They're Newfs and they love everybody.  If anybody else has some cute pics of their doggie eating Frosty Paws or anything else, PLEASE POST THEM!!!  I'm gonna have to try out some of those Frosty Paw recipes, save a little money that way....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 09:43:05 am by Newf Lover »

Offline Moonhawksowl

• Gnawer
  • Gandalf & Freya raw food dogs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 11:16:17 am »
Hey Magick is Addicted  ;D
He knows the music of the icecream guy that comes around once a week,
I trick him with a frostypaw. It's cool the icecream guy gives magick a little doggie bone, when we go to his truck, he said he was scared of big dogs but he likes Magick, he told me he's heard alot of bad things about rotts.  
A Girls Best Friend Is Her Rottweiller:)& Horses!!

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 03:00:08 pm »
The local San Francisco newspaper just wrote an article on Frosty Paws, I guess Dryers makes them now and they are really catching on.  Lots of stores are carrying them now.  How Funny!!!  It's a multi-million dollar product!  Here's the article, there's a quote in it that cracked me up: "My dog would try to eat it too fast and then he'd get brain freeze. He'd stop and squint his eyes.  Now he takes his time."

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2005/08/23/BUGM1EBLAD1.DTL&hw=frosty+paws&sn=001&sc=1000
« Last Edit: August 26, 2005, 03:05:08 pm by Newf Lover »

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 03:37:57 pm »
HEHEHEEEE!!  I just went to their store locater to see where I could get some Frosty Paws........ no one in a 50 mile radius sells it!  Show's how rural we are *sigh* well I'll just have to use that recipe probably save money doing it that way!

Andi

Offline AC

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 06:49:12 pm »
If they are not in Canada yet, poor old Newfoundland is going to have a long, long wait!