Author Topic: Does anyone else have a humper!? My little girl likes to hump.  (Read 9936 times)

lins_saving_grace

Does anyone else have a humper!? My little girl likes to hump.
« on: October 12, 2006, 07:24:17 am »
the good thing is she doesn't hump legs, just air and sometimes Lady's ear. I just wondered. 

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone else have a humper!? My little girl likes to hump.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 07:45:10 am »
Oh yeah. Zoey likes to hump Dolly. It is just so wrong.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

k2campbell

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 07:45:43 am »
Kate used to do this too, quite a bit.  She slowed down.  She only does it now once and a while (maybe once a week).  Silly girls! :P

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 07:47:30 am »
Oh yeah. Zoey likes to hump Dolly. It is just so wrong.

HAHAHA I'm sorry but that comment cracked me up  ;D

Luckily my girls have never humped one another , or anything else .... but now that I laughed at you they probably will ! LOL  ;D
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 07:50:53 am »
Who Harley the Happy Humper!!

When he was a puppy he humped EVERYTHING, taking him for a walk took hours he mounted mailboxes, recycling bins, telephone polls, his crate, EVERYTHING!!

We had him fixed which almost got me sued because I wasn't supposed to. 

It worked....some what he still likes some of my kids friends and the couch and occasionally my leg..Agggggh

It is soooo annoying!!

Randy

Offline horsepoor21

• BPO Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 08:04:12 am »
Randy , why weren't you supposed to get him fixed ? Was he meant for breeding ?
-Amy
Moose-Border Collie/Newfoundland rescue
Allie-Newfoundland
Spook-Newfoundland
Whiskey-Arabian
Wolverine-Cockatiel
Polly&Rainbow-Lovebirds (with 3 babies!)
Crush-Painted Turtle

"Every boy should have two things:
 A dog, and a mother willing to let him have one"

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 01:34:08 pm »
Yes, Harley is from a family of show dogs and they were hoping I would show him (which I would have had we not had this issue).  They wanted me to wait 2 years to have him fixed so in case he was a show winner or if he was a good specimen of the breed they could use him as a stud.  The breeder was quite upset she asked why we didn't tell her and then she could have had his sperm frozen and used at a later time truthfully it didn't occur to me - I just needed him to unattach himself from EVERYTHING!!  As I mentioned it worked about 90% of the time I think the other 10% is a dominance thing.

My husband didn't realize exactly how they fixed a male dog so when I brought Harley home and he didn't have the rest of his parts my husband was devastated for him, got down on the floor and told him if he knew what was coming he wouldn't have allowed it!!

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 02:23:48 pm »
Sadie and Riley have it all mixed up: Riley will rarely hump Sadie. I think I've seen him try a handful of times, but it doesn't work, b/c he's so much bigger than her. She just kind of ends up standing under him.

Sadie tries to hump Riley at least once a week, though. This only started after 1) Riley became dominant (it seems to be Sadie's way of saying, "You aren't in complete control of me, buddy") and 2) she was around other dogs who were humping out of dominance (two females).

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2006, 03:22:08 pm »
Hehe... we have some humpers over here. More lately than ever! Mokey is always humping Mr. Furley or Nigel. And Leeloo has just started humping Connor, just within the past week. Very odd. Dogs are weird!!! :D

Offline PLSHEFF

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 04:41:44 pm »
Hmmm.. our newly adopted newfie loves to hump my husband's leg when he gets home... which I find fairly amusing, though I know I shouldn't, but he practically knocks him over every time - i can't help it.   We also have a chihuaha and a pug, who hump each other all the time...each other, or their stuffed animals.. what is up with THAT??  ???

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 04:30:04 am »
Kingsley and Laika hump all the time. Kingsley doesn't hump Laika or humans, but other dogs are fair game. I've stopped going to the dog park very often because it's so embarassing.

Laika only humps Kingsley. She didn't start until we got her spayed, but now she does is a lot, probably once a day or so. It just looks so weird.
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Icerotti

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006, 04:08:23 am »
Kingsley and Laika hump all the time. Kingsley doesn't hump Laika or humans, but other dogs are fair game. I've stopped going to the dog park very often because it's so embarassing.

Laika only humps Kingsley. She didn't start until we got her spayed, but now she does is a lot, probably once a day or so. It just looks so weird.

Rosie started humping Puck after she got spayed too. She does get confused and hump both ends.
OUr other female rotti would hump Puck too. Poor Puck ::)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 12:15:19 pm »
Hmmm.. our newly adopted newfie loves to hump my husband's leg when he gets home... which I find fairly amusing, though I know I shouldn't, but he practically knocks him over every time - i can't help it.   We also have a chihuaha and a pug, who hump each other all the time...each other, or their stuffed animals.. what is up with THAT??  ???

ha ha ha ha ha i can relate to this!  axle ripped my hubby's pants leg off TWICE, trying to hump his leg, and also pulled hubby off of the couch.  BIG dominance issue back then, thankfully axle has calmed down!  all our dogs hump each other, except caine, he hasn't started yet.  sheeba is very infamous for humping axle while he's asleep!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline stryder

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 08:18:46 am »
I had to find this for this thread.
THoM
Spay before the first heat NOT after the first litter.
Neuter before he runs away.

Offline Butts Mom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 12:34:58 am »
Oh man that is some of the best laughining I have done in a long time ;D Believe me I'm laughing with you not at you.Tub has so become obsessed with humping.It started with just the stuffies,but has progressed to what ever will hold still.Poor Butt can't lay still or he gets it,heck sometimes when he is walking around Tub will still try to hump him.It doesn't matter back,front or side. Butt will give him that you better stop it growl or else and it does stop it for or maybe 3 seconds :D
Michelle, Butt, Tub and Everybirdie