Author Topic: Wolfhound mix puppies in Texas, oh my!!!!!  (Read 9625 times)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Wolfhound mix puppies in Texas, oh my!!!!!
« on: October 12, 2006, 02:58:47 pm »
We really want one (or two? ;)) of these puppies and it is making me crazy. ::) Actually Will is ready to adopt! (Can you believe it? I better keep this guy! ;)) He has been researching Irish Wolfhounds for what seems like an eternity now, and I busted him on Petfinder the other night and he came clean! He is officially on the hunt.

Then we found out about these babies, they are too gorgeous. But also they are like 14 hours away. :P

Anyone in Texas looking for a new puppy? There are FOUR of them!!!!!!

Here's the one Will wants:

And here's the one I like! :D

And here are the petfinder pages of all four. If anyone in Temple Texas feels like picking up a few puppies and sending them to Athens, GA... just let me know. ;) ;D

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7150626
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7150620
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7150615
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=7150604

bigdogs@5501

Re: Wolfhound mix puppies in Texas, oh my!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 03:11:47 pm »
If you want one I could help with the transport- I am in the NE Texas area and Temple is only a couple of hours away, We could maybe even get them into Lousiana since my husband is a truck driver and could possibly get a load going in that direction. Let me know if I can help you. They are Gorgeous and I would love to have one but I know better.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 03:17:38 pm »
If you want one I could help with the transport- I am in the NE Texas area and Temple is only a couple of hours away, We could maybe even get them into Lousiana since my husband is a truck driver and could possibly get a load going in that direction. Let me know if I can help you. They are Gorgeous and I would love to have one but I know better.

Holy cow, are you serious???  :o I wish Will were home right now! When he gets home I will talk to him about it! OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!! :D
Earlier today I was really sick and I told Will that what I needed to feel better was.... puppy breath!!!!! :D ;D :D ;D

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 03:26:54 pm »
Yes I am serious- call the facility tomorrow- lets see if they still have them. Maybe they can take a cc over the phone and also take the info over the phone. You can call me on my cell phone- *** *** ****. I know I can get them from Temple to the DFW area. I wonder since they are still little what it would cost to fly them. I could take them over the airport and you could have them in your hands in just a few hours. I never know what my husbands load is going to be next to know where he is going. I am just trying to think of quick ways to get those precious babies to you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 10:50:29 pm by Jacksmom »

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2006, 03:34:07 pm »
Yes I am serious- call the facility tomorrow- lets see if they still have them. Maybe they can take a cc over the phone and also take the info over the phone. You can call me on my cell phone- *** *** ****. I know I can get them from Temple to the DFW area. I wonder since they are still little what it would cost to fly them. I could take them over the airport and you could have them in your hands in just a few hours. I never know what my husbands load is going to be next to know where he is going. I am just trying to think of quick ways to get those precious babies to you.

You are amazing! Will isn't home right now but I will jump on him as soon as he walks in and talk about options!!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for offering to help out!!!!!! :D :D :D

edited just to remove the cell
« Last Edit: October 13, 2006, 06:24:53 am by DaneInsaneLiz »

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2006, 03:47:17 pm »
Hey! Let me know if I can help too! Don't think I can, but I'm in Kansas and would be willing if needed. I hope this works for you, Doghealer!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2006, 03:48:19 pm »
I would love to see what I can do to help out. Call me tomorrow. i bet that the facility doesnt open until at least 10. Thats my cell phone number. I really hope we can get you at least one of the pups and now I am getting excited for you!!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2006, 03:52:09 pm »
YAY!!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 02:31:28 am »
I can help out some if needed.  I am in Houston so in the wrong direction but if the pup needs a home for a couple of days or something until we can set up a transport, I would be glad to help out.  I love the picture of the second male.  He's too cute an I just thought how he is the reverse color of my demons.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 02:42:16 am »
Aw, they're gorgeous!! Justin has also been begging for an Irish Wolfhound for awhile now. I just hate the really short lifespan. We're actually going out to the Celtic Festival about 45 minutes from here on Sunday just to see one :P
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2006, 02:45:13 am »
I bet Laika and Kingsley would love having a little brother or sister around the house.  ;)
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2006, 04:17:13 am »
Haha, yeah, they would, but I have a hard enough time cleaning up after them and Justin! I don't think I'm ready for another one yet! It's so disgusting that I have to wipe down my walls on a weekly basis because of the slimewads (Kingsley hair + Laika drool = slimewad)
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2006, 04:18:03 am »
Y'all are so wonderful for offering to help! It makes me feel great to know there are so many friends out there. :)

I talked to Will last night and this morning. He is too nervous about transporting a pup this far. :'( :'( :'( I understand, especially after what happened when April adopted Kitana. Kitana got parvo before she even made it home to April. Luckily she pulled through but there was a while when no one was sure what was going to happen. :-[

So these little babies are just going to have to find their way into other homes. I am pretty upset, I spent hours looking at those little faces last night and imagining holding them and rubbing their bellies, but I guess it is just not meant to be. :'( :'( :'( Will says we will find one who is closer so that we can pick him/her up ourselves.

I am so sad!!!! :'( Someone out there needs to adopt one of these babies and then send me pictures all the time so I can be Auntie Rebekah!!!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2006, 06:22:58 am »
Ok, let's focus on the bright side here.  Will is ready to adopt!  That's awesome!  Wolfhounds are incredible dogs!  Good choice!  So now you need to find the closest Wolfhound rescue and apply!  Even if you find something before they do, they might be able to help in many ways.  They might be able to help transport, put in a word for you if they've evaluated you and there is one that you want a bit far away, etc.  I know with our local Pyr rescue, most dogs never make it up onto the website listing because they already have matches made for them.  Don't lose heart!  If you're ready for a dog, the right one will find you.
Daphne

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2006, 07:08:00 am »
Thanks, ladies. I needed to hear that. I hadn't thought about getting on a waiting list through a wolfhound rescue (duh!). Of course this is supposed to be "Will's" dog anyways, so maybe I ought to just back off and leave it to him! ;) It's hard though! The thought of getting a new pack member is just so dang exciting! :D (Especially a baby!)

I certainly have plenty of furbabies around here to console me... and if I squint my eyes hard enough, Mr. Furley looks like a wolfhound!!!! :D ;D :D ;D :D