Author Topic: Are my dog bigs enough to post here?!  (Read 9353 times)

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
Are my dog bigs enough to post here?!
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:24:24 am »
Hi, my name is Phyllis, I live in Texas and am the mom to Shadow, our 6 year old lab, Sunny our 6 mo. old golden doodle and Princess, our 15 year old cat, who has very small paws by the way. Are my dogs considered big enough to post here? I've been lurking a few days on this website. I recently posted on the rescue board as I am a volunteer for an all breed rescue group here in my community.  Anyway, I've been reading some of the posts in the general forum and you all seem like a really great community, so I wanted to introduce myself.  My dogs are big to me but some of you "really" have some ginormous dogs here.  I'm not sure if we are considered big enough to meet and greet the big boys!
Phyllis (Sunny and Shadow's Mom)

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Are my dog bigs enough to post here?!
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:30:58 am »
Welcome! Course your dogs are big enough to be here! Heck we even have so people that don't have big paws on here. ;D

I'm Megan, mom to Maggie-Doberman, Roxie-Min Pin, Alex-Poodle, and Marty-Dachshund. Among many others creatures as well.
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 07:34:09 am »
Of course you are welcome here :)

Welcome to BPO!
RIP former BPO

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 07:39:23 am »
Thanks for the welcome! I'm so glad I found this board. The picture is of my boy, Shadow, he weighs 65 lbs. but my Goldendoodle who will be 6 mos. Tuesday is already weighing in at 50 lbs.! I'm afraid she will be as big as he is, lol!

I didn't realize I could attach more than one picture! Here's one of me and my teddy bear, Sunny, when she was 4 mos. old.

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 10:54:09 am »
Oh my that is the cutest pup!!  I'm Randy and Harley is my baby he is a 5 year old Flat Coated Retriever (from Texas).  He is probably one of the smaller dogs here he is about 70 pounds.

Welcome to BPO I'm sure you will find it very addicting

Offline Bear

• Paw-meister
  • The Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 11:01:04 am »
Welcome to BPO Phyllis. You furkids seem adorable and are more than welceom here on BPO.

Offline Binky

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 11:41:13 am »
Welcome!  Of course they're big anough- and they're adorable.  I'm mom to Binky, a Great Pyr, 2 Papillons, 2 cats and 2 mini goats.
Binky-Great Pyrenees
Sophie-Leonberger
McDougal-Papillon
Chicklet-Papillon
Sigfried-Cat  RIP Sigs
Spooky-Cat
Jasper-Nigerian Dwarf goat
Ferdinand-Nigerian Dwarf goat

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 11:53:02 am »
Thanks to all! Of course I'm bias and think my babies are exceptional but I so enjoy seeing photos of all the other wonderful dogs here. You see and hear of so many dog who are in need of good homes and it's very heartwarming to read the stories of dogs who are so loved by their families here.

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 11:57:04 am »
Hi Randy, what part of of Texas are you from? I'm in Beaumont (90 mi. E. of Houston).

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 01:41:33 pm »
Hello from another Texan! I'm in Austin.

My name is Annie, and my pups are Sadie (2.5-y-o Lab), and Riley (1-y-o Saint). Your dogs are very pretty. Welcome to BPO!

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 02:25:00 pm »
Hi and welcome to the board.  I'm in League City and your pups are plenty big enough.  Mine are around the 65-70 pound limit also.  Nice to have you here.

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2006, 02:25:12 pm »
Thanks for the link. Wow, PA and MI seem to have an abundance of posters!

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2006, 02:37:05 pm »
Nice to meet you Kat! I'm meeting several fellow Texan's here. I LOVE your avatar, lol! My little brother loves to scuba dive.  What kind of fur babies own you?  Would love to see pictures!

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 02:48:10 pm »
Hi Annie,nice to meet you! Your babies are just precious! I wish I could get Sunny and Shadow close enough together to get a good picture but so far that has been an unattainable goal.

angelsmama

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 04:40:21 pm »
welcome to bpo :)you have gorgeous dogs. im mom to angel a female rottie/hound mix , bruiser a male chow/husky mix , and chewie a male chow/fence jumper mix. i'm also babysitting a min pin for about a month , her name is gabby. among my dogs i have hydra a male ball python ,and  annie a female siamese mix. my furbabies and i are located in southern tennessee, you can see angel , chewie , and bruiser there. chewie is my smallest dog. he is a shorty,  only 15 inches at his shoulders but he weighs 48 lbs of solid muscle. he's my sweetie :) i have a dog waiting for me at the rainbow bridge, her name is dotty she died dec 27th last year. she was a dalmatian and lived to be almost 11 1/2 years.