Author Topic: "Turkey" needs your prayers  (Read 24832 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: "Turkey" needs your prayers
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 05:49:21 pm »
oh that is scarey!!!  Nothing worse than seeing them hurt like that.  I hope all goes well with surgory!!!  Hope you feel better soon, Turkey!

My mom's dog got hit by a car when she was younger.  Freckles is now 11.  it took time , but she recovered well.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 05:50:16 pm »
I just got home and read this thread.  I'm so sorry that Turkey was hurt this evening.  Lots of healing thoughts and hugs coming to all of you.  I'm glad that you have Will's dad to do the surgery and take good care of her. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 12:16:03 am »
That's good news .... those positive thoughts and prayers are going straight to Will's Dad's hands!  Come on Turkey ... we want you up and running again!
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

mjjensen

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 01:18:55 am »
 I glad Turkey is going to be OK. It must be a comfort to have a vet in the family and know she will get the best care.

GR8DAME

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 01:51:39 am »
Just found this thread, Rebekah. I am so soory to hear about Turkey. My thoughts and prayers for continuing good news and a complete recovery for your little girl.
Stella

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 03:18:20 am »
No word yet this morning on Turkey, but I just wanted to continue to thank everyone for all the good thoughts!!! Just knowing there are so many people out there thinking of my girl is just amazing. :) :-*

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 04:24:45 am »
I'm so sorry that you're going through this, but I'm very glad to hear that she should be fine. I hope Turkey recovers quickly! I can't imagine how scary that must have been (and must still be). Sending good vibes your way-Annie

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 05:59:42 am »
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!! :)

Here is a little-bitty update on Turkey. She made it fine through the night, and Will came to visit her this morning. When she looked up and saw him, SHE WAGGED HER TAIL!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D YAY!!!!!!! I never knew a little tail wag could make me so happy.
It's close to surgery time now... so I am taking deep breaths and trying to focus on images of a successful procedure and a girl who feels much better very soon. :)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 02:24:31 pm »
TURKEY SURGERY UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
 :)
We just got the call, Turkey made it fine through the surgery! I was so scared but apparently Dr. Jerry was totally confident and had everything under control! He has known Turks since she was a baby so I know she is in good hands. She is still groggy of course from anesthesia, but she is awake and she has been put back together.

Her recovery is going to take a while. Dr. Jerry informed us that she will not be able to stand up for at least three weeks, possibly longer. And after that, she will be hopping around on three legs for a while. It is going to be a process. But he has very high hopes for her healing.

We are going to be able to have her home on Wednesday or Thursday. We are going to keep her in the kitchen, separated from the rest of the pack. She will be having accidents so I am going to buy lots of towels and just keep her area as clean as possible.

I am just so thankful that she is going to make it. I will do whatever it takes to help my baby girl in her time of recovery. :)

Thank you SO MUCH for all the prayers and good thoughts for my girl. I know Turkey could feel it and it helped her through. I absolutely cannot wait to have her home. I love her so much!!!!!!!! She is going to be ok!!!!!!!!!! :)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2006, 02:31:43 pm »
I missed this thread yesterday. I am so sorry that Turkey was hurt  :( I am happy to read that she came through the surgery ok! How lucky you are to have a vet in the family!
RIP former BPO

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 02:55:12 pm »
Yay Turkey!!!! You go, you little turkey!!! (hehehe I've been waiting to say that...I love her name!!)
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 03:01:34 pm »
Save yourself a ton of money, buy the towels at the Salvation Army or Good Will or some such trift store.  Just wash them all in hot water and they will be clean for Turkey girl to get all nice and dirty.

Tina
Thank goodness you just told me that. I am not even thinking straight right now and I was gonna go to Walmart! ;)

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 03:15:41 pm »
Oh good! I'm so glad to hear she's okay!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline Jessdryden

• Supreme Drooler
  • My girls
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2006, 03:29:42 pm »
Yay Turkey!  We'll be thinking of you all in the coming weeks.  Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!

Offline Suzanka

• Gnawer
  • This is Chumley
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2006, 05:07:26 pm »
I started off by reading the last posts and then moved to the first. I am SO happy to hear that Turkey is doing better. What a heartbreaking story. She sounds like a fighter. Chumley and I will keep you in our prayers.