Author Topic: Hi, I'm a Newbie  (Read 6011 times)

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm a Newbie
« on: October 15, 2006, 08:05:44 am »
I found this board while posting about a rescue on the rescue board here and now I've become addicted to this site, lol! I'm so glad I found this place. I love talking to people who love their dogs as much as I love mine.

My name is Phyllis, I'm from Texas and we have a 6 year old lab (Shadow), who I think has a little pit bull in him, and I recently adopted a goldendoodle (Sunny) who is 6 mos. old. Our local rescue has recently taken in several goldendoodles and when I learned they were Sunny's siblings (one litter apart) I was led to get involved in helping them find forever homes.

My dh and I have no children so our fur babies make up our family.  I'm so glad to find an on-line community such as this.
Phyllis (Sunny and Shadow's Mom)

bigdogs@5501

Re: Hi, I'm a Newbie
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 11:59:21 am »
Welcome to the site- this is a great site and can be totally addicting- I too live in Texas, so we could actually be neighbors. I have a whole gaggle of fur babies at the present and several are rescues. Your little Golden Doodle is precious- keep posting more pictures.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 12:02:59 pm »
Hello Phyllis, Shadow, and Sunny! Welcome to BPO!

Don't forget to make an avatar that will show up with your posts so we can always see your cute pups. There are directions how to do it here: http://www.bigpawsonly.com/index.php/topic,12020.msg150825.html#msg150825
RIP former BPO

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 12:11:31 pm »
Thank you! I was just about to post about the avatar!

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 12:48:35 pm »
Where do you live in Texas?! I'm in Beaumont (90 miles E. of Houston).

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 01:14:23 pm »
Hi Phyllis! Your furkids are beautiful! I'm Marissa, mom to Zoey an Alaskan Malamute and Dolly a Saint Bernard. I live in Kansas and take frequent trips down to Texas. We just might have to meet up sometime!
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 01:56:41 pm »
Great! We could plan a romp at the park! 

Offline phildunc

• Gnawer
  • My Lab, Shadow Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 02:02:03 pm »
Thank you for the welcome and I'm happy to meet you too. Had it not been for the rescue post I would not have found this board. It just breaks my heart about the puppies.  I'm so happy though to hear that they were surrendered to a rescuer and not sent to a shelter or worse -- sold on the side of the road! Sunny, is such a sweet girl, our chow mix, Ginger, past away at 11 years old a year ago in June and it took me a whole year before I could even think of getting another dog.  But my older dog Shadow seemed to be lost. We don't have children so we pretty much live for our fur babies.