Author Topic: Greta is gone  (Read 22971 times)

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: Greta is gone
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 11:31:39 am »
I am truely very sorry for your loss  :'(
RIP former BPO

Offline Saint and Mal mom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2006, 01:46:49 pm »
Thank you so much for sharing those beautiful pictures of you and Greta with us. My language arts class prayed for you today because I know you miss Greta. So we prayed that the Lord would comfort you right now. Sending prayers your way still.
Marissa

Zoey- Alaskan Malamute, 4 years
Dolly, CGC- Saint Bernard, 4 years
Foster mom to Clarence- Basset Hound, 5 years

"To be loved by...any animal should fill us with awe-for we have not deserved it."

Offline dgodden5459

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2006, 02:23:44 pm »
I'm so sorry Moon. Rest assured your girl is with great company and waiting for you.
Deb

Gretchen the Rottie
Buttons the LLhasa
Macie who knows?

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 02:32:46 pm »
After a horrible three days, Greta went to sleep forever with her head in my lap around 7 pm on Monday, October 23rd. She's my baby girl, the best friend any human being could ever ask for and I was privileged beyond average comprehension to have shared the intimate bond that was unique to us. It is my hope that every human being has that chance, to know true love without words, to be so perceptive of their loved one that they can interpret signals unreadable by anyone around, to be protected and loved unconditionall y by a soft and wonderful beast that makes people cross the street, but wants nothing more than to show affection. I have no doubt that, over the years, Greta has protected me from numerous dangers time and time again. She saved my 85-year old grandfather from a murderer in 1999. She inspired me to commit myself to photography for several years, during which time a collection featuring Greta in black and white was in a Seattle gallery for a month.

So often I read a story about a man or a woman or a child with his or her dog. Most often the dog is just tagging along, heeling obediently, padding softly, patted on the head, and fed table scraps. Not Greta. If I am to look back on the past decade of my life with honesty, it was most often Greta that walked in the limelight while I tagged along. I would not have gone on so many wilderness excursions had it not been for Greta (and Lou) and I would not have felt outgoing and I would not have wished to live sometimes, if it weren't for Greta. In this case, it was the dog who led the way. It is the dog who still lights the beacon that I am traveling toward.

In my heart, in my mind, for the rest of my life, this protective, loving, clown Greta is woven throughout my being. And in some way I believe she will make an impact on many others that I will come in contact with, even though they will never know it.
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

k2campbell

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 03:43:35 pm »
I'm so sorry  :'(

You gave Greta the greatest gift of all.  The best life, all the love a dog could ask for, and compassion in the end.  My heart aches for you, I know just how hard it is...

Cry as much as you need to.  You will never get over the loss of your sweet Greta, but you will also never forget all she gave you in life.  Know that she is waiting for you, patiently - and you will be reunited one day.

(((((((((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS TO YOU)))))))))))))))))))))

Kelly & Kate

angelsmama

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 03:48:49 pm »
I know not the pain you feel for Greta's loss, though her loss does hurt me, as when anyone loses a baby on here. I've yet to meet any of the furbabies on here, but I do grow to love them after hearing stories and seeing so many pictures. May you rest in peace Greta and we'll all see you at the rainbow bridge sweetie.  :-*

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 04:08:05 pm »
Little Pins

This whisker on my pillow,
Is it yours, my love?
Did you leave it here for me to find,
For me to hold and wonder…
When it fell from your muzzle?

Is it you I hold here now,
Within this plastic box,
Affixed to which are metal pins,
That gripped your hip for eight years?

When they brought you home today and
gave me your cremains,
They asked if it was part of you,
---those metal pins in a Ziploc bag.
What held my girl together all those years,
          But a few little pins?
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 03:29:37 am »
I was so sad to read about your loss. Greta was a beautiful girl and I loved the pictures and videos you shared of her. We are all feeling your loss and are here to serve as your collective shoulder to cry on.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 06:26:22 am »
I am so sorry for you loss.  Remember that we are all here for you. Greta will be missed.
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog