Author Topic: Hello new member  (Read 9845 times)

Offline jefren11

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hello new member
« on: March 21, 2005, 01:02:32 pm »
I guess I'm second to the group.  I have a GSD and and shepherd mix, both are rescued.  I found out about this from the orthodogs site.  My GSD Hana just had TPLO surgery on January 29 to repair an ACL tear.  It's been something of an adventure.  I hoping that I will be able to get some great information from other owners about this wonderful breed!

Renee

Offline Chrisofob

• Gnawer
  • Love those Dogs
    • View Profile
Re: Hello new member
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 05:55:40 am »
Try water therapy after surgery it is amazing check out the gal in San Diego Cutting Edge K9.com i have seen her do amazing work good luck my dog walked after a few sessions chris

Offline connolly

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Hello new member
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 07:58:59 am »
We are in the 9th week after TPLO surgery on our 170 lbs Saint. Yes quite an adventure. Last x rays came out fine so it's just 4 more weeks of confinement and she can go play. It's been a long expensive ordeal but so worth it. Sas is only 2. I found it very unsettling that every vet said she would probably blow out her other knee because I felt it was a freak accident. We had the largest snow fall in 15 years and she just had to jump and run in it. Have my fingers crosses. Isn't it an amazing process???? We had to travel over 100 miles to find someone to do it but I'm so glad it was available! How did your experience go? Do thing go back to "normal"? Best connolly
The older I get the less I know