Author Topic: what do you guys think? *graphic pics*  (Read 2922 times)

Luvmydanes

what do you guys think? *graphic pics*
« on: October 27, 2006, 03:25:50 am »
We gave Jasmine a bath last night and noticed a sore on her lower back leg...well when we started to look at it, we noticed more. They're all on her lower legs. I'm just wondering what you guys think. I think they're hot spots. We put vaseline on them last night and she wasn't licking. We've been hearing her licking a lot at night when we're sleeping we have to wake up to tell her to stop, so I'm thinking they're hot spots, but not sure. What do you guys think?

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: what do you guys think? *graphic pics*
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 04:10:47 am »
Those sores (to me) don't look like they really need a vet. my only advice is put an E-Collar on her so she doesn't make them worse.
Leah
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Luvmydanes

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 04:15:25 am »
Thanks guys...I'm going to watch them closely and if it gets worse I'll take her to the vet.

Offline Miranda

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 04:16:41 am »
I agree, they look like little bites, but I'd make sure to watch her so she doesn't lick them and make them worse.
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them.  ~Phil Pastoret

Luvmydanes

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 04:26:51 am »
Awww poor girl.  Skin ickies are just no fun.  They look to be pretty tiny, so I think they might be bites as well, and she may be licking just because they hurt or itch.

Have you switched cleaning products or anything recently that could trigger an allergy?  That's really the only other thing I can think of.

If she keeps licking, you may want to pick up some Solarcaine.  Holly recommended it to me when Kiden had a lick granuloma and the stuff ROCKS!  Get it in the spray can and just spray it wherever she has the sores.  It has lidocain in it, so it will make the skin less painful and itchy, and it tastes funky so she won't want to lick.

Hope she feels better soon!!!

Solarcaine like the stuff that you put on a sunburn? We have some of that. I will try it if that is the stuff you are talking about.

Luvmydanes

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 04:31:58 am »
cool - thanks Jenn! I'm going to try that!

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 04:37:26 am »
The spray on stuff is a great idea.  Be careful with the vaseline, or any gel product, only because that will keep the sores moist and the skin needs to breath to heal.  Hopefully it will start to  clear up in a few days!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix